Cricket Season 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Theres a big summer coming up now with lots of rookies and players. I'll be heading to the SCG Test match. Anyone else going? There's a full list of the fixtures on here.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
India aren't attacking enough I don't think, with both the bat and ball. Their start batting yesterday was shocking, less than one run per over--you'll never win matches playing like that.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
geez, what a hiding. unless india improves dramatically, or aust starts to get really cocky, i can only see a whitewash. although the greener pitch at the scg can help the indian spinners.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Agreed. The openers need to start attacking more as well for India.

Snooty

HSC
Sehwag > Jaffer

Dravids playing shit as well

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Yeah, his strike rate is so shithouse at the moment. Bring in Sehwag and drop Yuvraj. Dravid should be playing in the middle order imo.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yeah I'd like to see Virender Sehwag come back into the Indian cricket team, to see if he makes a difference. But they still got thrashed yesterday.

Muz4PM

HSC
I think India as well as lacking badly with their opening pair were missing another seam bowler. Although Harbijan managed to pick up three in Australia's second innings (i think) I thought they would have been better served by another quick.

Yuvraj must be dropped, he is a prima dona, and Kerry O'Keefe noted, after his iffy dismissal in the first innings, his body language was not good and positive, he was moping around devoid of any positivity. In his stead maybe Dravid could be dropped down the order. He is a fantastic batsman, he is merely lacking form and I don't think that a stint facing Australian opening bowlers on Australian wickets opening the innings is where you want to be throwing in a man lacking form. I agree bring in Sehwag for Dravid and put Dravid about 6, I think he is too good to let go at the moment.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Still only seven-for at tea. Lol'd.
Are they still playing?

I thought it was stumps @ 6?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
same old story, india gets a start, and aust comes back strong and turns the match on its head. when will we ever get a surprise?

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
wuddie said:
same old story, india gets a start, and aust comes back strong and turns the match on its head. when will we ever get a surprise?
I'm not sure if India's bowling just fell away in the end, the Aussies got their act together, or the pitch decided to become a batsmans paradise.

400 is a decent total on this pitch.

lol at ANAL CUM-BLE

Last edited:

Muz4PM

HSC
That Sharma fellow was interesting. Is it just me or does he have a funny jig in his follow through when his feet are in the air?

Exceptional batting by Symonds and Hogg, Ponting to be honest looked a little scratchy at times. I am not sure what it is, if it is a lack of effort on the Indian part or the skill of Hogg and Symonds or both, but to be honest, India should have bundled us out for under 200.

400 would be a good score, however, we must bowl very well as India have some top quality batsman who would be able to attain that score and put the heat back on us.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Sharma reminds me of Clark a bit. Tall, but not express, and can get some sharp bounce off the pitch. Still reckon India [and most other countries] need an AkhtarBondLeeTait-esque quick though, someone who can intimidate the opposition with their speed.

india missed the trick, surely, by not bowling out aus under 250. alas, it was not to be. i reckon the match wouldve been lost for aus, right there, if aus had been bowled out under 250, the scg traditionally being a batsmans wicket.

hogg, as much as i dont like him as a hindoo supporter, played a gem of an innings. he took it to the spin bowlers and surely is the most whole hearted cricketer in the world today.

Apparently from cricinfo India got a few dodgy decisions against them. i wouldnt trust them though; that site is run by hindoos.

Last edited:

Muz4PM

HSC
Symonds got a let off, HUGE edge, called not out. Ponting was caught behind down the legside attempting to play a glance. That being said, Ponting's LBW was given when he clearly hit it into his pads. 2-1 to Australia there.

Muz4PM

HSC
Lol, second time in two tests for him, he was 16 cm's over too, huge no ball.

Dravid is playing as slow as a wet week, it is quite funny and entertaining to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)