Cricket team? (1 Viewer)

illin

Ill factor
HSC
SO hows the cricket team going? ie. 1st grade
and is there any1 here who is actually in 1st grade? tell me what is it ;ike? ie the competition and the tours, etc...

illin

Ill factor
HSC
I hope i get into the 1st grade team in the first year of uni which would leave me with 4 seasons with the firsties
So is any1 in the firsts?
Im just wondering how the team is goin and how hard the competition is
Is it a big difference from 1st XI crick? prob is...dumb question but how much of a difference is there?

illin

Ill factor
HSC
i play school crick ie. private/independent schools comp
but not GPS cause im not in Sydney
So its quite pro eh? damn so its goin to be pretty hard to get in first year then

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Ok. So if you can bat to the standard of Michael Slater, then you may make UNSW 1sts.

The difference between school 1sts and this Uni 1sts is unimaginable...
I mean, they are leagues apart...

Btw: what school you from if its private/independant and not from sydney? Adding to the comment before: the difference is therefore even greater in standard. You'll have your standout players in a school comp, but every player in sydney first grade will be of this level/higher.

From the names in the firsts that i recognise: David Carson (captain at the moment) is an ex country rep (that was some time ago, back when I played for Newtown as well). He's a old old Newtown boy from dubbo (the greatest cricket club in the history of cricket clubs :p )...
Tim Cox, he's a dubbo cricketer as well.
I know Mitch O'Connor (if this is the same M. O'Connor) used to captain the western 21s (he's dubbo cricketer also)

But if you 'are' at uni firsts standard, then check out their scholarships site... especially as a rural person. www.scholarships.unsw.edu.au i think is the address. They have lots of sporting scholarships.

From the Sports Association site... this is a little old...
The UNSW Cricket Club has played in the Sydney Grade Cricket Competition for over twenty-five years. Arguably the highest standard Grade competition in the world, they have achieved a Club Championship, Premierships in First Grade and Premierships in the lower grades and the U21 Poidevin-Gray Competition. UNSW Cricket is the home to many famous cricketers including current Test opener, Michael Slater, former Test greats Geoff Lawson and Kerry O'Keeffe and English Test leg-spinner Ian Salisbury. NSW Shield Players Geoff Milliken, Matthew Phelps, Mark Ray, Graeme Watson and Jason Young have also donned the black and gold. UNSW Cricket currently has the services of arguably the best coaching staff in Australian Club cricket led by former NSW Shield Coach and fast bowler, Geoff Lawson as Club Captain. The Club has the services of two masters of leg-spin in Test players Kerry O'Keeffe and Ian Salisbury, and batting coaches in Michael Slater and Level 2 coaches Geoff Milliken and Greg Livingstone.

illin

Ill factor
HSC
Our school beats Newington GPS champs so we are on par or even better than Newington, therefore a similar standard
I've seen 3rd grade crick in UNSW and its not all that flash! but nevertheless 1st grade is very good though

illin

Ill factor
HSC
Asquithian said:
first grade in the sudney school grade comp gets you a start somewhere between 6th and 3rd grade :)
U know there isnt such thing as a 6th grade dont u?
I played rep crick but turned it down for last year and this year cause of work and that it takes up too much time.
GPS isnt that good and i do agree with u but 3s isnt that good either
I'm guessing i'll end up playing for 3s (maybe 2's if im extremely lucky) but 3's would be ok cause then i can score a lot of runs and i dont have to be serious about crick for that season!
Cheers!

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
if u go to a public school, did u make chs? cos my mate made chs and hes playing 3rd grade in club cricket

aditya

HSC
sounds like mad fun.. how hard it is it to get into the lowest grade at uni? say u havnt played for a few years, but ur kinda good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)