Cricket World Cup 03 (2 Viewers)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
symonds is a good player no doubt, all round versatility is his greatest asset but he is no where NEAR as good as ghilchrist and hayden. he's not even as good as martyn or lehmann in terms of batting. one innings doesnt automatically put him in that calibre. both hayden and ghilchrist can hit just as hard as symonds .

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by copious
symonds is a good player no doubt, all round versatility is his greatest asset but he is no where NEAR as good as ghilchrist and hayden. he's not even as good as martyn or lehmann in terms of batting. one innings doesnt automatically put him in that calibre. both hayden and ghilchrist can hit just as hard as symonds .
Gilchrist has been in pretty crap form of late, I admit hayden is a great player and so is lehmann, but I don't think martyn is that good.

I think Symonds will continue to do well from here on in.

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Ultimate

don't count on the indians beating the aussies, they only made 200 against a very weak dutch team. They got no chance. Tendulkar is not batting that well atm.

As for who will win the tournament I'm gunning for the aussies, I can't see anyone beating them, they seem too strong atm, especially with Symonds performing so well.

if the indians bat well then they have a very good chance.
symonds is a good player but u cant judge him after one game....hopefully he can score sum more runs in the future, except in the next match of course:p :D .
btw....tendulkar is not the only batsman in the team....they have a really good battign line up, very strong.....on their day they can do a lot of damage!

schwang_thang

Originally posted by Rahul

if the indians bat well then they have a very good chance.
symonds is a good player but u cant judge him after one game....hopefully he can score sum more runs in the future, except in the next match of course:p :D .
btw....tendulkar is not the only batsman in the team....they have a really good battign line up, very strong.....on their day they can do a lot of damage!
i guess u can kinda say the same 4 the sri-lankans...i dont think they'll win the tournament or nething, but if they're consistent enough then theyll b a real threat

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
how good was chaminda vass's hatrick? top stuff, finished with 6 wickets too and an easy win for the sri lankans. group 2 is getting pretty interesting. india need tendulker and shewag firing and perhaps dravid or ganguly to play a more patient role and they'll set some decent totals.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
meh its all over for them. their batting form is so poor.

Rahul

Dead Member
how pathetically did the indians perform.....they better get their act together if they want to have a chance to make the super six stage.

i think they need to open with sehwag and tendulkar. they r probable going to go better than the current pairing of tendulkar and the out of form ganguly

Rahul

Dead Member
Re: Re: Cricket World Cup 03

Originally posted by Almighty Jafar

i would say....... australia
looks like it...no other competition.....sa vs nz would b a good game. i would say the winner would b another contender

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
semis will be aussie and paki
and the other one nz and westies

go westies they got lara who has a hot wife! of course his batting (criket) is also good too...

dunno how the pool thingy works... is it top of pool A vs 2nd of pool 2?
BAH!

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Orange Juice

go westies they got lara who has a hot wife! of course his batting (criket) is also good too...

BAH!
lol....u had to goes at him in one sentence....good one.

i remember wen he was in oz last tym.....he would get out so often, we could be lyk "he got out to go and get some!!!"

Simple question...who is gunna win?

South Africa would have d best chance i think
no way.South africa have performed badly this sesson and australia has been brilliant.They will win on paper

aussies vs india....c'mon the indians.......*they r gunna get smashed*:( .......hope not!!

cant believe that nz beat west indies!!!!
believe it-the west indies haven't been the form team since the 70s!

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar

believe it-the west indies haven't been the form team since the 70s!
form....they beat india at home in a one-day series and then they beat south africa!!! dats a team in good form.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
the kiwis are back in the running, fleming hit a superb century and so did gibbs but at the end of the day we won due to rain. super 6 here we come hopefully.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by copious
the kiwis are back in the running, fleming hit a superb century and so did gibbs but at the end of the day we won due to rain. super 6 here we come hopefully.
yeah, thwe kiwi's went really well, so much for south africa they are playing crap at the moment, or either their opposition is too good for them

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Ultimate

yeah, thwe kiwi's went really well, so much for south africa they are playing crap at the moment, or either their opposition is too good for them
it would have to be the pressure....they have as good a chance as any other team i would think

Rahul

Dead Member
at long last looks lyk india is going to win a match rather convincingly, zimbabwe is 100/6 atm, chasing 255.

tendulkar looks in good form. a good thing they dropped ganguly down the order and moved sehwag up to open with tendulkar.

AcCeSs-DeNieD

yeah... about time India got smart enough to move Tendulkar back to his opening position.... after all his best innings have always come from him opening.... I guess they didn't want to have Sehwag and Tendulkar to get out cheaply .... but goddamn those 2 opening is as dangerous if not more dangerous than Gilchrist/Hayden at the top of the order.... AND I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LEFT OUT LAXMAN!

Still at this point IMO .... Australia are top favourites... followed by Sri Lanka, South Africa, New Zealand and India....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)