Cries from a Noobette --> USYD timetabling and UOS selection help! (1 Viewer)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Ok I'm fairly n00bette-ish with USYD timetabling and UOS selection, So I'd really appreciate any help :)

Say I had consecutive lectures/tutorials. Below are my subjects, how long would it take for me to travel from say a Chem lecture to A HSTY/ENG or PHIL tutorial? [Haven't confirmed what the location is atm] I'd prefer the structure of consecutive lectures/tutes, but having said that i'm also worried I might not make it on time if the class was held on the opposite side of campus. [Campus being Camperdown/Darlington]

What's the average amount of time lectures, tutorials go for, for my subjects? [Semester I, for a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a B Sci/B. Arts]

CHEM1001

PHIL1011

ENGL1025

HSTY1076

:)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You have 10 mins, and that's enough unless one class is at Wallace and the next is at aero eng. That said, noone really cares if you're 5-10 mins late.

J

jhakka

And if all else fails, you can always walk out of the lecture a bit early.

One thing I reccomend at the beginning of the year is to find all of your rooms before you even have classes. Just so you're that little less clueless. You can work out shortcuts later.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Or just ask people where to go. We don't bite, you know :)

Lainee

HSC
I hate rushing from a class on one side of campus to one on the opposite side, so I'd make sure that the rooms are moderately close and close to a coffee cart (so I can get a coffee in between classes :) ). Otherwise, I'd prefer an hour's break between classes so I don't have to rush there and turn up panting and all sweaty from the run.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Honestly if you have to run then you're going the wrong way or I dunno what. I can get from Wallace to aeromech with a brisk walk in the 10 mins, I don't see why anyone else can't.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Fortunately I've never had those sorts of problems. Yet. In first and second year, the furthest I had to walk from class to class, class to coffee, or class/coffee to library was 15 metres. Oh, except in 2004.

Last edited:

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I use to do the walk from Woolley to Carslaw and I always managed to be late to my lecture at Carslaw but that was because my tute in Woolley always finished on or after the hour because my tutor was a dipshit.

most lecturers/tutors do finish 5mins before the hour and start 5mins after. and the tool ones that don't, are shit heads. but you'll be fine.

I also recommend finding out where all ur classes are during o-week so ur not freaking out when uni starts

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
Lainee said:
I hate rushing from a class on one side of campus to one on the opposite side, so I'd make sure that the rooms are moderately close and close to a coffee cart (so I can get a coffee in between classes :) ). Otherwise, I'd prefer an hour's break between classes so I don't have to rush there and turn up panting and all sweaty from the run.
A little bit of physical exertion won't do you any harm.

Due to the obese nature of our population the university should make it mandatory that consecutive classes be on the otherside of the university. This would allow new students to appreciate the beautiful grounds of usyd as well as making them burn calories. Also the increased blood flow for the said exercise would flow to the brain, increasing mental efficiency and knowledge retention.

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LOL u think taht's horrible... a friend will be doing b arts / b mus... she's got class at con then at main campus... LOL i feel bad for her

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
In 2004, I would have a Friday 9am class at the Con, a 10am class at Main campus, then an 11am class at the Con. The thing to do in the first few weeks is to leave the 9am class 5 minutes early, turn up to the main campus class 20 minutes late, sign in and either leave straight away (if you can pull it off), or leave 10 minutes before the hour.

Last edited:

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Maybe they can bring the Con onto the main campus with a music building, just like they're making way for a law building. Wonder what will get demolished for that.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Not happening. The Greenway building cost $145 million to develop, and was finished in 2001. It's too new and too nice to sell. There is the option of doing a tutorial at a different time. Or in my case, do the equivalent main campus unit of study at the Seymour centre.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
last year i had to do Wallace to Merewhether (lecture to tute), wen i was still finding my way around i used to leave the lecture about 5mins early, once i worked out the quickest way to go i just made sure i left the lecture exactly on time, yeh u might get a little bit puffed, but it's no biggy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)