crime assessment! (1 Viewer)

katharine

hi, just needing any tips on a legal studies assessment for crime..
part of the question is
"critically evaluate the rights of the accused during the investigation of a crime"

i know the rights ( silence, privacy, legal representation etc), but i cant figure out how too critially evaluate them..
also its only worth 4 of the 25 marks so i dont want to stretch it out too much.

any help asap would be great, even ideas..
thanks alot!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
would a case study help?
something to link it for
for example blah lbah
*Shrugs
newspaper are good ways to use for examples

Ziff

HSC
N/A
What you want to do is find 4-5 issues to focus on. So the rights related to Search and Seizure, Search Warrants, the implied right to a laywer (Dietrich v. The Queen [1992]) and one or two more. Then you just cover those as 1 paragraph per issue or so in the body and you have it. Then you evaluate it - draw a conclusion based upon your discussion of it.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by katharine
hi, just needing any tips on a legal studies assessment for crime..
part of the question is
"critically evaluate the rights of the accused during the investigation of a crime"

i know the rights ( silence, privacy, legal representation etc), but i cant figure out how too critially evaluate them..
also its only worth 4 of the 25 marks so i dont want to stretch it out too much.

any help asap would be great, even ideas..
thanks alot!
Make ABSOLUTELY sure that when you talk about these things you talk about them in relation to AUSTRALIAN law and do not confuse it with American laws... If you are not sure, check, if you can't find it, find something else...

santaslayer

HSC
yea what about the investigation on the death of David John Gundy relating to accused rights?

Hoyin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
yea what about the investigation on the death of David John Gundy relating to accused rights?
wasnt that the improper procudure of the cops.. and a little on the warrnats that were handed out.. not too sure.. cant really remember

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)