Crime Fiction: Character motivation (1 Viewer)

Eeko

Banned
with C/f
is it important to know much about character motivation
coz in our trial we got this really gay question based on character motivation

whatu guys think

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I wouldn't think so. Not beyond the "conventional" (ie: sterotypical) motivation ...

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Mm... Depends I think.

If it's a question based on crime fiction and how society shapes and influences the crime fiction, the character (especially the detectives) motivations become pretty important in showing societal values... But that's just a small part in that sort of question. You'd also end up talking about plot and character portrayal, and the type of murder, and the detectives method of detection.

But overall? I think it might be better to know something about character motivation in relation to societal values... :)

badlysketched

i think u need to know a bit. for example, say in PD JAmes the skull beneath the skin, two of the characters motives are money, which fits into the themes/context with the moral and social decay, ie that money is so important u might kill your step mother or cousin or childhood friend.

i don't think we havt know a hell of lot on it but since it was in your trials maybe we need to know a little... i hadn't thought of it really. good luck anyways!!! i say just know a little that fits into context and major themes in the play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)