Crime "Identify and analyse TWO conditions that have led to..." (1 Viewer)

RyelleBlitz

HSC
"Identify and analyse TWO conditions that have led to the reform of criminal law."

What did everybody put for this? I had terrorism and new technology as my two choices, but I'm not entirely sure that's what they meant by 'conditions'.

Your thoughts?

xhatemyromancex

HSC
i had no idea what to write about.
i wrote about jurys, and how they changed the verdict vote to a majority of 9 instead of unanimous.

gosh, i was stuck on that question for awhile :mad1:

christobel

HSC
These are syllabus dot points, such as (and these are the ones I used):

- Impact of new technology
- Failure of Existing Laws

Really, studying the syllabus would have gotten you full marks in the Crime section, it was just that silly.

Lol @ EXAMINE the Punishments, how about get on your knees and suck me sideways?

But nah seriously, I'm hoping for at least 93 raw in that exam, wasn't hard at all.

lgaica

HSC
hmm i talked about changing technology, as well as the law responding to sexual assault, i guess that is a failure of existing law as i explained that it needed reform as it was not protecting rights etc. so i hope i answered that right......................................

punkbabe89

HSC
I mentally blanked couldnt think of anything really to begin with, so i said the changing needs/values of society, eg recognition of human rights in society leading to the criminalisation of certain things, no longer using harsh punishments, and new technology, linking this to international crime, and reffered to the case of the Wonderland Club in 2000.
Hoping this was ok?

shitstuff

HSC
N/A
christobel said:

Really, studying the syllabus would have gotten you full marks in the Crime section, it was just that silly.

Lol @ EXAMINE the Punishments, how about get on your knees and suck me sideways?

But nah seriously, I'm hoping for at least 93 raw in that exam, wasn't hard at all.
Yeah don't think everyone is not as clever as you.... lol I got the same only with Impact of new technology and Changing Values and the Composition of society. It's all about a rank so even the raw 93 might not scale you up because there are hell of a lot of people who are over 90ies....

christobel

HSC
shitstuff said:
Yeah don't think everyone is not as clever as you.... lol I got the same only with Impact of new technology and Changing Values and the Composition of society. It's all about a rank so even the raw 93 might not scale you up because there are hell of a lot of people who are over 90ies....
Calm down buddy, I'm not bragging, and I never said anything about hoping to get scaled up, just saying that I did well, I'm entitled to say that...

meliss_225

meliss225
HSC
hey punk i was similar to you, talk about decriminalisation of homosexuality r v. toonen and i forget the other one..but i dont think i got it right!

shitstuff

HSC
N/A
christobel said:
Calm down buddy, I'm not bragging, and I never said anything about hoping to get scaled up, just saying that I did well, I'm entitled to say that...
Hahaha.......well alright. Don't worry I get you... Well it pays off to study at least you feel better. I guess you deserve to be happy about your achievement.

Redbeard

HSC
I did changing values in society and the impact of new technology. When i read this question i didn't have a clue what it meant so i just took a guess and hoped i was right.

jb2007

HSC
christobel said:

I'm glad that I read over the syllabus heaps last night, I remembered the dot points :) I talked about new technology and changing society/failure of existing laws. Crime was really straight forward. Part d was much easier than I was expecting.

forevaunited

HSC
Except part D) wasn't about punishments it was about PURPOSES of punishment. granted this would include some discussion of punishments but the main emphasis was on purposes. Arrgh i think family and to a lesser extent multiple choice may fuk me over. . ..

christobel

HSC
forevaunited said:
Except part D) wasn't about punishments it was about PURPOSES of punishment. granted this would include some discussion of punishments but the main emphasis was on purposes. Arrgh i think family and to a lesser extent multiple choice may fuk me over. . ..
Well yeah the purposes of punishment are essentially the punishments themselves. Like, for example, the punishment of rehabilitation is imposed in order to rebuild the physical and mental attributes of an offender so that he can be allowed back into society. Thus in defining rehabilitation you are also providing a purpose for implementing rehabiliation at the same time.

CPY WRT

HSC
i think that the changing composition of societal values and new technologies was the most obvious... with some relevant examples... looks like most people did that. it think we'd be safe as far as "conditions" goes.

CPY WRT

HSC
christobel said:
Well yeah the purposes of punishment are essentially the punishments themselves. Like, for example, the punishment of rehabilitation is imposed in order to rebuild the physical and mental attributes of an offender so that he can be allowed back into society. Thus in defining rehabilitation you are also providing a purpose for implementing rehabiliation at the same time.
like someone said the syllabus really would have helped here and reffered to the aims of punishment including restorative justice, rehabilitation, retribution, deterrence and incapacitation. for a 12 mark section i couldnt remember the bloody names of each... instead i described them like a 6 year old or something. so i think i would have lost some marks there :(

RyelleBlitz

HSC
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Terrorism's fucking screwed me over then. hopefully, I'll get nice teachers who can see my point of the immpact of terrorism on the Australian criminal laws. -crosses fingers-

For part d), I just defined deterrance, incarceration, retribution, rehabilitation andthe other one I can never remember. I made a point the night before to memorise them xD

shoe-gal45

HSC
CPY WRT said:
for a 12 mark section i couldnt remember the bloody names of each... instead i described them like a 6 year old or something. so i think i would have lost some marks there :(
HAHA ditto!!

HSC
heyyy, wassup fellow hsc peeple. Arent ya glad its over,so.. The exam was pretty sicckk ay, much easier than what i thought but ey I did plenty of study and how friken annoying is the bigg ass syllabus of which they only choose a little portion to test you on. But, no more having no life and going nowhere becos i have to study....wait...i still have no life..lol.. whos from da central coast?? there was this seminar which we got booklets dat was pretty mad for crime cos they had all these mneumonics to help you remember the large syllabus, so for conditions it was something like FINNC (failure of existing law, international technology, new technology, new concepts in justice and changing composition and societal standards) and for Purpose of P it was RRRID (rehabilitation, reintegrative shaming, retribution, incapacitation and detterrence), so thankU the teacher that did that because dey asked about it.. woot. If ya talked abowt dis then well done ,YEahh go you, But wasnt it good, crime was much easier than past papers. and i rememered all statistics and crap for my criminal justice issue and other crap which was never asked about....BOS should die ya old fartsss..... (lucky dis is annonymous)

rkp

HSC
i just stuck to the syllabus...

1) changing values and composition of society

2) new concepts of justice (talking about failure of exisiting laws, international law and new technologies)

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)