Crime Parody- Responses? (1 Viewer)

dombro

HSC
hey guys...

for our 3-unit composition, we have to write a crime story. simple, right? not quite. The complication added is that we have to ensure that our story reflects the prelim course, so our teacher wants us writing a crime parody...:eek:

anywayz...heres the concept i was planning on working with...i was just wondering what you guys were thinking...

basically, the main protagonist is a female cop, known for getting stuff done, albeit not the brightest cop around....selected particulalrly due to the nature of the crime....hijacks the internet?

the antagonist is a female al capone, genious, capable of manipulating this person- plays with her, attacks getting more and more personal...

the twist- the protag and antag are the same person- suffering from dissociative identity disorder or something along those lines.

questions comments or queries would be appreciated

cheers guys

dom

ellen.louise

HSC
no shit... A crime Fiction parody? That's kind of tough stuff. Just make sure you don't go easy on it: lay it on thickly because there is nothing worse than a badly done parody. NOTHING.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
dombro said:
the twist- the protag and antag are the same person- suffering from dissociative identity disorder or something along those lines.
Can you say "Keyser Soze"? If you do that, it's just going to sound like a rip-off of The Usual Suspects, one of the best crime movies ever.

Evercursed

Troubled Thinker
HSC
Unless you want to parody the genre by introducing a female detective in her 60s still chasing young'uns, I don't see the parody. Fat detective? Ethnic detective who speaks with accent??

HSC
dosent sound like much of a parody..i always see paradoy as those lame but funny movies eg scary movie and not another teen movie

i reckon what you basically have to do is just find the key conventions of crime fiction and then twist it or exaggerate it until it resembles something funny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)