Crime rate to fall if all black babies were aborted (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Bennett Attacks CBC and Ted Kennedy Over His ‘Aborted’ Logic
by George E. Curry
NNPA Editor-in-chief
Originally posted 10/5/2005

WASHINGTON (NNPA) – Former Secretary of Education William Bennett, widely denounced by liberals and conservatives for his “hypothetical” argument that the crime rate would fall if all Black babies were aborted, has refused to apologize for the remark and has instead attacked the Congressional Black Caucus, Senator Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and others who took him to task for a comment even the White House called “not appropriate.”
CALLER: I noticed the national media, you know, they talk a lot about the loss of revenue, or the inability of the government to fund Social Security, and I was curious, and I've read articles in recent months here, that the abortions that have happened since Roe v. Wade, the lost revenue from the people who have been aborted in the last 30-something years, could fund Social Security as we know it today. And the media just doesn't -- never touches this at all.

BENNETT: Assuming they're all productive citizens?

CALLER: Assuming that they are. Even if only a portion of them were, it would be an enormous amount of revenue.

BENNETT: Maybe, maybe, but we don't know what the costs would be, too. I think as -- abortion disproportionately occur among single women? No.

CALLER: I don't know the exact statistics, but quite a bit are, yeah.

BENNETT: All right, well, I mean, I just don't know. I would not argue for the pro-life position based on this, because you don't know. I mean, it cuts both -- you know, one of the arguments in this book Freakonomics that they make is that the declining crime rate, you know, they deal with this hypothesis, that one of the reasons crime is down is that abortion is up. Well --

CALLER: Well, I don't think that statistic is accurate.

BENNETT: Well, I don't think it is either, I don't think it is either, because first of all, there is just too much that you don't know.
But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could -- if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down.

That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky.

After the stories broke, Bennett said, “I adhere to the law. I don’t play the ‘milk money.’ I don’t put my family at risk, and I don’t owe anyone anything.” He pledged to quit gambling.
http://www.amsterdamnews.org/news/Article/Article.asp?NewsID=4997&sID=3

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
What a fucking racist.

He's trying to eliminate a whole race of people.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Or on a worldwide scale: you could get all babies aborted, then persuade all remaining people on earth to take their own lives. Ultimately leaving no person left alive. That's be a sure-fire way to reduce crime. :rolleyes:

spell check

HSC
actually the crime rate would increase drastically because every abortion of a black baby would be an illegal act of genocide.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
spell check said:
actually the crime rate would increase drastically because every abortion of a black baby would be an illegal act of genocide.
William Bennet pwned :p

Lozacious

Banned
HSC
spell check said:
More like Cruelty against animals

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Hehehe. Moonlight would make a good school teacher.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
there's a difference between making a racist joke and being racist

Lozacious

Banned
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
There is a difference between being politically incorrect and being blatantly racist.
There is a difference between being politically correct and being a downright anarchist also.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Lozacious said:
There is a difference between being politically correct and being a downright anarchist also.
I think you mean facist. And you're wrong anyway. Why do you think Australia has anti-vilification and anti-discrimination laws?
stazi said:
there's a difference between making a racist joke and being racist
Strange, because I don't think the target of that joke would find it particularly funny.

I'm not going to bite your heads off for it I'm just warning you - racism is against forum rules, so be careful.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I think you mean facist. And you're wrong anyway. Why do you think Australia has anti-vilification and anti-discrimination laws?
Strange, because I don't think the target of that joke would find it particularly funny.

I'm not going to bite your heads off for it I'm just warning you - racism is against forum rules, so be careful.
Many racist jokes have been made regarding russians on bos. I'm russian, yet I laugh at them each and every time.
Lots of gay jokes are made, yet townie etc laugh at them too.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
Many racist jokes have been made regarding russians on bos. I'm russian, yet I laugh at them each and every time.
Lots of gay jokes are made, yet townie etc laugh at them too.
The question is always one of degree. These things can only be determined according to the circumstances and context. Calling all black people animals is well beyond the threshold of acceptable political incorrectness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)