Crime/Revenge - what was your story about? (1 Viewer)

Cocogal

HSC
N/A
Sometimes the best weapon is the guilt in the victims mind.

I do Crime Fiction.

I wrote mine about this guy, called "The Gift Giver". Kinda like a santa claus from hell.

Basically he knows peoples deep dark secrets that they didn't know people knew.

The people find a present, which relates to this secret, and before they can say "Who the hell knows......?" They're dead.

It was written in monologue form where "The Gift Giver" described who he was, what relationships he has with others and his first killing and his relisation of power.

:idea:

Summy

Awesome chic

Oh my god Cocogal , you sound so absolutely cool, your English ext sounds really super cool and you will get top marks baby.

I think that you sound alot like me, whats ur email address??

:p

Bye bye Cocogal, keep in touch now!

melissella

cool stories

i wrote that sometimes the best weapon is honesty- it was the memoirs of a detective, this was one chapter of his book, about a little girl who got kidnapped by her father, who wasnt the man who was married to the girls mother- the husband of the woman thought he was the father- and when they found them (the same nght they went missing), he was holding a gun and the little girl who was dead in his arms, and then shot himself after saying that the mother should have told her husband about their affair, and let him see his daughter... therefore honesty is the best weapon... against what, i dont really know.. death i spose

yours sounds very cool... did it conform to conventions??

i think u, and other people, should try to re-write your stories and post them on the BOS site- then maybe next years yr 12 can read them (and me.. i like stories :D )

pod

ext eng

I thought everyone would think of something tricky, like the best weapon is honesty etc.. so i wrote the best weapon is a howitzer, it didnt relate to the story really but what the fuck, Honesty good isnt it? Well fuck it, its only one unit.

Jemima

Good Looking Member
I wrote a story (revenge tragedy) about a bald firefighter named George who starts balding so his wife Cheryl leaves him, so of course he wants revenge. It's written in a sort of flash forward flash back style with George under a bridge watching a fire, cos we find out that in the process of him trying to kill Cheryl's cat he accidentally kills her. That's basically it. :p

I'm so bad at story writing, but I figured that's what we'd have to do because of all the other styles we'd already written in.

bex

HSC
For CF, I started to write a hard boiled story and scraped it 3 pages in!!! Anyway, i ended up writing the speech for an opening of an exhibition where my texts were the exhibits! I said that the best weapon was truth, in that each of the composers revealed something about their society and reaped monetary benefits through popularity.. hehe

SaveFerris

I began with "The best weapon is integrity"...

Basically I expanded on the story excerpt we had to write for our trial exam...it was set in Australia in 2050, about how the governments of the early 21st century had banned immigration and asylum seekers and as older generations of migrants died off Australia became this heaps monocultural society and was going downhill...and then this boatload of people arrive and create this huge stir...a few weeks later a government official is murdered and everyone blames the refugees...turns out to be someone else but its all about societal suspicion and stuff...

The main detective is this forty-year-old police woman who is disgusted by what she is seeing and how these people are being persecuted...had a big crisis of realisation about her job and all that...

So yeah, it has very political overtones in its comment on our present society but apparently crime fiction is often used for social comment...just hope the markers get that, cause in our trial we got to write a letter justifying our purpose and all that so it made a little more sense...my story today was just rambling!! (Much like this post)

Last edited:

Rednut

Mine was a Feature Article about how to solve the crime before the sleuth. Sometimes the best weapon is to look at the back of the book, then read it and try and pick up all the clues. Sometimes, but very rarely.:chainsaw: :apig: :argue:

Kikki

Embarrassing!

I wrote "Sometimes the best weapon is...... revenge."
My mind went totally blank. Did anyone else do a shitehousen job?

HSC
I wrote about a Palestinian Suicide bomber, this is for revenge btw....

I go into full detail about what happens in his life to motivate him joining an islamic fundamentalist group... his brother gets shot by a israeli, when he breached a curfew, and his parents got killed by a the israelis blowing up a house of suspected islamic militant....

I had it in third person and I started with him in front of a camera doing one of those last will and testament videos the suicide bombers usually do before they go blow themselves up.... Then I did some flashbacks.....

Anyways, hopefully the markers won't find it in bad taste.....

At the end of the opening of the story I wrote "n.b, my story in no way condones terrorism, rather it explains potential causes of it" just in case, the marker thought I was some crazed fundamentalist arab....

I was gonna start with "the best weapon is a packet of c4 tightly strapped to your body and a Ak47 assault rifle by your side..." but I changed it to... "the best weapon is to terrorise and shock your enemy as much possible...." or something to that effect...

Ezmay

The best weapon is having no weapon at all,

I wrote contemporary C.F, female brittish detective, you know the sort, nothing exciting, I just kept things nice and safe n' cosy. Had a murder at a senior sporting college. Apparent drowning of the country's next big union star. Lots of posh stuck up kids who would co operate with my detective.

Juliette

Here I was thinking I'd be all tricky:

"Sometimes the greatest weapon is an extensive knowledge of dried fruit...."

I do CRIME FICTION - can't you tell?!!??

Nah it was a parody of the hard-boiled private eye

Basically Dick has some major masculinity issues...

You know those people who take dried fruit at Woolies: I know it may only be an apricot here, a cashew there, but according to Dick they are corrupting the great American dream - poor defenceless shop keepers, just want to make a go of it, dragged down by senseless, serial shoplifters... Its a disgrace!

A major bust on a baby shower and arresting a woman who claims complusive cravings for her defence as a culture-vulture.
Then reports in to the Cops who need him for one of the 'biggest' tasks yet (lovely little interval as boss "retrieves jelly donut crumbs from his ample cleavage") culminating in a zoo bust to seduce and arrest a peanut stealing elephant.

Does it relate to CF? Ummm not really
Is it secretly a clever play on genre? Well you're pushing it
Does it qualify you for an insanity defence? Yup.

Oh well - the moral of the story is... if you are worried your stort was a bit whacky or pathetic, it could be a LOT worse ;)

HSC
N/A
I wrote a piece in the fantasy/revenge-tragedy hybrid, kind of modelled on "The Crucible" (Arthur Miller) and how the accused took revenge on the person who accused her and the people who joined in the hunt for "the changeling". I liked it, it was a good piece but I ran out of time - the essay took me twenty minutes more than it should have. My teacher would kill me if she knew lol
me--->:argue: <---- her
hehehe well, it's all over - and I still have Medea and Revenger's Tragedy quotes stuck in my head... funny how High Noon didn't really get much of a look in.
Good luck for the rest of the exam.
Oh here are a few things people in my class wrote about
- A gameshow between Hamlet and Medea called "Whose revenge is it anyway?" (For those interested, Hamlet won on sympathy points)
- A piece revolving around imagery of silver
- A piece on the murder of an American president

cptpinkerton

Well

I do C. Frction and I started with

"The best weapon is," dad didn't answer for a while as he was slowly beoming hypnotised by the cathydode raye being emitted from 'The Shopping Channel'

"Go ask your mother" he finally answered.

elfgal

nobody fucked that as much as i did.
it was this narrative that became a monologue by an almose-senile police chief who thought the most dangerous weapon was sex and was whining about the unoriginality of copycat osamas. he kept going on about how the femme fatale was more dangerous than terrorists coz she was unexpected in this day and age and that criminals gained their edge over the police force coz they hadn't lost touch with their fictional roots.
oh god...
it was kind of a send up of a big boy did it and ran away, which i bet none of the 90 yr old markers have ever read, so i'm doubly doomed
oh well, no more english ever :D
(i'll probably do something idiotic like study it at uni now)

alys

"sometimes the best weapon is silence." hm. :/ mine wasn't anything special, some woman who got burnt to death in the paris metro (don't ask me where i came up with that), and it was the beginning of the interrogation of three suspects. meh. mostly, i just liked my characters - an aggressive american businessman who kept swearing at everyone in french, a weird lady who thought she was a hugely dangerous femme fatale, and a metro busker/beggar/bum who did the whole philosophical, aesthetic appreciation of the world thing. they were fun to write, but i think the whole crime thing got lost somewhere in there. oh well, crime as a vehicle and all that ... hopefully.

Cocogal

HSC
N/A
Conventions......

In mine I didn't really use that many Crime Fiction conventions, not traditional ones anyway.

The was a crime, and perpertraor and that's about it. It was a monologue where he just talked about who he killed, why he killed, some of the events leading up to the death, and his relationship with the victim.

Well actually you can't even tell it's a he if you're open to the thought that the person is a lesbian.

I really liked mine, but I'm writing a movie using that idea anyways before the exam [you can tell I do four unit] so it was pretty planned out.

Jet Girl

After I wrote my story I realised how much I had ripped off the style of Patricia Cornwell - oops, I hope they don't notice!:(

Anyway, mine was "the best weapon is patience". It was in the first person, about this chick who was a homicide detective, and the reason that she became a homicide detective was that when she was ten she found a body (she lived in the "slums of New York" - haha, what a cliche!). Anyway, I described the state of the body - caked blood, bite marks etc, then said "I can't believe someone could do this to my sister".

Anyway, this case that she had just been called to was exactly the same - same dumpster, same position of body etc. She decided that she has waited twenty five years to catch the killer, so all she needed was patience.

Yeah, I know, pretty crap - I actually think I have written more on this post than I did for the story! he he. It was a bitmore complicated, but you get the drift....

All your stories sound awesome! The dried fruit one cracks me up..

:p . It would be pretty cool to be a marker I reckon! :D

Benny Boy

check this

I used the opening as the best weapon is also the smallest weapon, the new glock........... it was an advertisement for a gun that the protagonist Johny DuPont flicked off as he was driving to Murder Inc. studios to investigate a crime.

THis was the story i wrote for trials and i splurged 10 pages of it out. It was all a spoof of The Big Sleep, and i had worked for hours thinking of it and it was a complete parody and satire guaranteed to amuse. If u want i can scan it on later, but it basically incorporates everything from the big sleep but turns it all around.

I only know how to write humourously so i was glad i could do this, the essay was not as strong pfffft who gives a crap, its all over !!!!!!! Economics here i come

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)