Criminalization of sexual acts (1 Viewer)

ay0_x

HSC
I'd like to hear, from the perspective of liberals especially (though everybody is welcome to contribute), about their opinions on the criminilization of sexual acts.

Namely in regards to incest, statutory rape & other consensual yet illegal acts.

Of course when it comes to incest & statutory rape, there's too much room for the abuse of children. But between two consensual adults.. where does one draw the conclusion that it's inherently "wrong"?

Society is growing to accept homosexuality, transexuality, but incest remains very taboo. Besides the obvious reason of mutant offspring, what are other, NON RELIGIOUS, reasons for it being wrong? As someone who has a pretty normal thought process the thought of it of course makes my stomach churn, although I can't give legitimate reasons why.

Anyone?

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Anything between to consenting adults should be fine.
Although with restrictions on breeding within incestual relationships. I also believe that people with serious heriditary/genetic defects and diseases shouldnt be allowed to breed so yh.

Seriously why didnt you do proper subjects at school lol

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
what do you think about breeding between people who are likely to pass on genetic defects to their offspring

assuming genetic screening is not completely failsafe yet

JesseMatheson

HSC
Anything between to consenting adults should be fine.
Although with restrictions on breeding within incestual relationships. I also believe that people with serious heriditary/genetic defects and diseases shouldnt be allowed to breed so yh.

Seriously why didnt you do proper subjects at school lol
Hitler and you share the exact same views of people with genetic defects, he actually desexed them.

But I honestly do believe that if you have a disease that is contagious that you should be put into contamination...good of the human race and all.

I mean HIV/AIDS could be wiped out if everyone used condoms or if everyone that had HIV/AIDS was registered or something like that.
I dunno its pretty crazy thinking and quite horrible really but hey we did it with swine flu..why not HIV/AIDS?

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
what do you think about breeding between people who are likely to pass on genetic defects to their offspring

assuming genetic screening is not completely failsafe yet
I think its a disgusting and irresponsible thing to do. Such people be pressured into avoiding such behavior and may be shunned from the community for behaving in such away.

But I do not think it is acceptable to criminalize this behavior and to lock people up for it.

Also, without the government dishing out free healthcare, education and welfare, people would probably be less likely to do this sort of thing because they would actually have to pay for the consequences of their stupidity themselves.

Mudkip94

HSC
We must get rid of those with the Christian gene!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCzbNkyXO50&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qCzbNkyXO50&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
you are saying it is irresponsible to criminalise people passing on genetic defects to their offspring. i think that their actions of procreating are adversely affecting someone else and thus should be illegal? obviously genetic screening and screening for birth defects helps this a lot

ay0_x

HSC
you are saying it is irresponsible to criminalise people passing on genetic defects to their offspring. i think that their actions of procreating are adversely affecting someone else and thus should be illegal? obviously genetic screening and screening for birth defects helps this a lot
I think she was saying defectve-gene-carrying ipeople breeding was irresponsible & disgusting but that she wouldn't force them to stop.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
ALL consensual behavior should be legal, without exception.
I largely agree but with the following caveats:
- Echoing contract law consideration must be given to the capacity to consent (age, mental ability) and circumstances which render consent invalid (coercion)
- I strongly believe that people should not knowingly pass on diseases and believe that those who do so are despicable however it is not my place to stop them or to support their decision

jb_nc

Google &quot;9-11&quot; and &quot;truth&quot;
HSC
N/A
shit thread from shit poster

jmakowiak

HSC
Jennyfromdabloc said:
ALL consensual behavior should be legal, without exception.
Wooooooooooooowww.
Do people on this forum even think? about anything?
This is possible the stupidest thing that I have ever heard anybody say in my entire life, period.
You were probably conceived as a result of incest. Actually, that wouldn't surprise me, considering you're able to make a comment like that. That would also emphasise on point about incest disproving your argument. Holy crap, you're an oxymoron!

EDIT: Actually, you're just a moron.

Last edited:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
cause incest if just effed up.

aha, did you read that article, was in the news a few weeks ago, about the woman who has kids with her dad, and she says suffers from 'gsa', which apparently is not incest.

if you're going to have sex with members of your family, at least man up to the title.

ay0_x

HSC
Wooooooooooooowww.
Do people on this forum even think? about anything?
This is possible the stupidest thing that I have ever heard anybody say in my entire life, period.
You were probably conceived as a result of incest. Actually, that wouldn't surprise me, considering you're able to make a comment like that. That would also emphasise on point about incest disproving your argument. Holy crap, you're an oxymoron!

EDIT: Actually, you're just a moron.
Name calling really will not serve to get your point across.

hermand: No I didn't, I would love to, though. Could you cite a source please?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)