criteria marking???? (1 Viewer)

yay

can someone plzz tell me how they mark the hsc continuers exam in all areas, speaking and writting, do they mark you on how many kanji used?? sentances?? do u get penalised 4 using sentence structures not used in the syllabus???

by the way wat is classified as a complex sentence????

my teacher has neva marked hsc b4 and shes young so she doesnt know how exactly it works can some1 plzz help me out....

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
:) I highly recommend looking through the Board of Studies HSC Japanese section, especially downloading the Notes from the Marking Centre.

No penalties are imposed on sentences or kanji not prescribed, but if you do them wrong it will look very bad. Basically just write what you know works. :)

Markers won't count your kanji, nor your sentences. However, the less you write the less impressive it will sound (like thin soup, I said elsewhere). Complex sentences basically say a lot with a little (ie using more than your simple A wa B desu) whilst not becoming clumsy. For example, an introductory paragraph may say stuff like "Hi, I'm Rachel Tang. I study at Generic High School. I study Japanese, Maths, English, and Atmospheric Absorption Theory". Not bad, for year eight. In Continuers you'd do far better to say "Hi, I'm Rachel Tang, and I study Japanese, Maths, English and Atmospheric Absorption Theory at Generic High School" continuing to other related and equally interesting sentences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)