Critique my physique (2 Viewers)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Not many people account for the calories they lose during a workout, you should always tailor your calories to the particular workouts you like to participate in, hence the calculation of your TDEE, then of course, the preferential caloric surplus/deficit. To be completely honest with you, the fact that you lost 15 kg in 7 months unintentionally is ludicrous. When it comes to fitness it all boils down to precision and experimentation.
Yeah you're right but I do need to be a low weight to push higher cadence in cycling, I just took it a solid 5kg too far lol. I didn't really know how much I was burning precisely till I got a fitbit tbh and comparing my actual burn to my estimations, yeah I was way off lol.

You see those high carb vegans on YT, I always used to think "how the fk can they eat that much and be so slim" then when I started cycling I was like "ohhh now I know" lol

But that said, a lot of people do overestimate how much they burn. Not cyclists, but moreso weightlifters. Weightlifting really doesn't burn that many kcals and the "afterburn" effect is epically exaggerated. The main benefit is to do with the alteration of body composition i.e. more metabolically active muscle tissue which obviously isn't an overnight process.

Last edited:

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Cool thread, he does give reasonable parameters re the adaptive component of our metabolism which is defs a nice respite from the conventional dieters culture. I dislike the metabolic slowdown thread on there, especially with all of those claiming to eat outrageously low calories but not lose weight. Lots of people still believe in starvation mode in an extreme context, that you can slow your metabolism so much that when you eat again "everything will be stored as fat" or some tall guy claiming to gain on 1500 calories lol. Fact is, constant caloric deficit will result in weight loss until death. That's why we have anorexics who get down to 9 and 10 BMI's (true story) and I've been bordering underweight for at least 2-3 yrs now and my metabolism has hardly changed, barring obviously a decrease in BMR because I'm lighter. Adaptive thermogenesis is real but it doesn't trump thermodynamics.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Ive maintained 89-91kg, 190cm and 12 percent bodyfat since December 2013 XD Dont care about being huge anymore, im just aesthetic atm I feel, and want to keep it that way. I do zero exercise, simply eat 12,000 kilojoules a day and it appears to perfectly maintain what I have.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Lifts atm:

Overhead press: 6x8 75kg
(still not 105kg bodyweight pullups, working my way up) 20kg assist pullups, 6x8
Bicep isolation curl: 6x8 23kg
Skull crushers: 6x8 38kg
Lat raise front middle back: 6x10 13kg
Bench press: 6x8 100kg
Incline+Decline somewhat lower

Woah dats like my whole workout lol bar some things

going good boiz.

hayabusaboston

HSC
Lifts atm:

(still not 105kg bodyweight pullups, working my way up) 20kg assist pullups, 6x8

going good boiz.
Oh forgot about legs

Idk I dont do squats in the rack I kinda just do this weird holding weight thing cos dont wanna fuck my spine and am paranoid lol. Leg press Idk weights. I randomise shit for legs until failure.

Whatever gym bros tell you, compound lifts are FULL OF SHIT and absolutely useless if youre going for aesthetics. Aesthetics are achieved through ISOLATION BOI.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Oh forgot about legs

Idk I dont do squats in the rack I kinda just do this weird holding weight thing cos dont wanna fuck my spine and am paranoid lol. Leg press Idk weights. I randomise shit for legs until failure.

Whatever gym bros tell you, compound lifts are FULL OF SHIT and absolutely useless if youre going for aesthetics. Aesthetics are achieved through ISOLATION BOI.
you only do arms? with some chest on the bench press?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Lifts atm:

going good boiz.
yeah pretty average for small guys i guess

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
noo

day 1: arms
day 2: legs
day 3: shoulders back
day 4: chest abs

Rinse and repeat, 7 days a week of training.

This is my bro split cos im the alpha bro who splits like this.
I agree with the mindset of having a training split you enjoy and that gets you into the gym but i am not a fan of your regime. Why not just do a push/pull/split and actually hit every body part evenly so you arent imbalanced?

hayabusaboston

HSC
I agree with the mindset of having a training split you enjoy and that gets you into the gym but i am not a fan of your regime. Why not just do a push/pull/split and actually hit every body part evenly so you arent imbalanced?
Im not imbalanced at all, im perfectly balanced and hit every bodypart twice a week lol.

Except the D, dont hit that bodypart cos single :'(

Last edited:

hayabusaboston

HSC
If youre referring to the back bi's and chest tri's shit then THAT is what's imbalanced and shit because its double puill and double push so your second lifts will be a lot weaker than first.

NEver understood how gym goers can't grasp that back heavily relies on biceps so doing both in the same day inevitably means your gains on one will be weaker? lolwut

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)