CROs and TV (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
Hi ppl

for the dotpoint on cros and tv we have to know the role of electrodes, pltaews and coils adn screen

do we have to learn about how the picture is formed in tv like 25 times scanning 625 horizontal line ?

can some one plzzz clarify the main differences btween cros and tv in terms of manipultaion the beam and image formation

plzzzz
thankz

helper

HSC
N/A
No you don't need to know scanning rates. The major difference is cros traditionally use plates to deflect the beam, while tvs use the magnetic field to deflect.

serge

HSC
clever angel said:
Hi ppl

do we have to learn about how the picture is formed in tv like 25 times scanning 625 horizontal line ?
I think thats a good point to know because, when something changes that quickly are brain cannot pick it up... so thats why TV and CROs seem continuous

(however most birds have such good eyes, for them our movies look like slideshows)

a bit of extra knowledge never hurts

Haku

hehe.

books say that tv use mag fields to direct the direction of the electron cause its faster to change...( i highly doubt it)

and difference one is entertaining (the tv of course) and CRO is for viewing change in voltage with repect to time. so things like heat beat and sound can be measured where the motion cause alteration in the voltage.

is that all u need to know?

rama_v

HSC
Take a look at "How TV'S work" at howstuffworks.com
Its got more than enough u need to know about stuff thats not in the textbooks :)

Haku

yea, i read that before.

too much info, overwhelmed and melt down of the brain occured. so i kinda kept off that site until after hsc

great_guns

HSC
tvs do use magnetic fields! they ARE alot faster. they are electromagnets, not bloody bar magnets. lol

Abtari

HSC
^^ yeah...i agree with the two posts directly above mine.

dangerousdave

HSC
nosadness said:
hehe.

and difference one is entertaining (the tv of course) and CRO is for viewing change in voltage with repect to time. so things like heat beat and sound can be measured where the motion cause alteration in the voltage.
CROs would be interesting, if i had a CRO in my room I bet i'd watch it.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
- Heated filament gives off electrons.
- A collimator and electron guns directs and accelerates the electron beam towards the fluorescent screen at the three primary colours: blue, red, green.
- Magnetic fields vary the verticle and horizontal direction.
- Rays are manipulated faster than our refresh rate so that we see a moving image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)