Crossing the Red Sea (1 Viewer)

A J C

Looking for some info, directed upon these questions:

> What aspects of change are evident in the poem?
> How can the poem be linked to the concept of Changing Perspective?
> What are Skrzynecki's use of biblical allusion. What does it imply of the immigrants?

Any information would be appreciated

Last edited:

Fi

From what i can remember, this poem deals with the migrants journey to a better place i.e. Australia. I think the poem refers to Lazarus--the guy that Jesus (p) raised from the dead. This symbolizes the migrants re-birth as they start a new life. (Ummmm remind me of the other biblical references, Ive forgotten them).

Prissynproud

The biblical refernce is that it relates to Exodus Ch14, which is about Moses and how the egyptions fled the hardship, hence what Peter and his family did.
That Poem is probably best hung off the thesis statement that "changing perspective is an ongoing process", as it shows how the migrants change, but do not fully change their perspective so they do not become emotionally vulnerable in the hard times yet to come "a blood rimmed horizon" represents the hardships they still have to experience..

I hope that kinda helps, its a really complex poem, but its easiest to try and figure out one thesis statement and hang everything off that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)