Crucible & Chronicles of Narnia (1 Viewer)

Midnaito

HSC
Hey so anyway I'm obviously studying belonging and the core text we're doing is the Crucible, which is way easy since my teacher gives great notes and a lot of extra info on McCarthyism and the Salem Witch Hunts. What I'm having trouble with is relating one of my related texts; "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" to the Crucible itself. Since our speech is all about belonging forming identity I'm using the idea of the Pevensie family forming the identity and fate of the children but I'm unsure how to link it back. Could I use the whole religious undertones in the story to link it to the Crucible since it's about a heavily religious society or is that a bad idea? Or could I link it to belonging to family in the Crucible by saying how John Proctors identity affects the way his whole family is seen, and then show that in Narnia it's the family as a whole that affects how the children are seen as individuals?

If that makes any sense at all please help me.

etoile rouge

HSC
I think thats a good one. Usually an individuals identity can influence the way the group they belong to is perceived, in this case the family. Just as the the individual contributes to their groups identity the group contributes to the individual's identity.
I'm doing The Crucible as my related text. I don't know the story of Chronicles of Narnia very well but personally, I found the whole idea of religion and belonging in the Crucible very interesting. Its a great text to do for the aos.
Goodluck w/ your speech.

PS. Would you be able to post up the notes on The Crucible plz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)