• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cruelty towards animals - are we fair? (1 Viewer)

lengy

HSC
If a cat shat in my backyard, I'd kill it, same with pigeons.

HSC
Re: is it ok to kick a cat?

The Logical One said:
lol... if you died infront of a cat it would eat your face... if you entered a jungle a wild cat would rip you to shreds and devour your bones. An occasional kick wouldn't do a cat serious harm(small surges of pain) to which they can easily brush off.
Well as long as I'm allowed to kick you.
As long as I'm allowed to break your leg. It only hurts for what, six weeks?

HotShot

-_-
HSC

ElendilPeredhil said:
Well as long as I'm allowed to kick you.
As long as I'm allowed to break your leg. It only hurts for what, six weeks?
there is allowed and the there is being able to...

@lengy: Fuck yeah, if i get that cat shitting on my lawn i will rip it apart and consider cooking and eating it - depends how it smells

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

no i wouldnt kick a cat because i have a conscience of not doing so

HotShot

-_-
HSC

azn_gangsta81 said:
no i wouldnt kick a cat because i have a conscience of not doing so
but you would eat a cow, a sheep, a lamb, a chicken...:santa:

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC

I posted on this topic last night and it was removed... i am appalled

Rafy said:
those links dont work for me although i dont know why i clicked on them since i remember that site being for legal information if memory serves

theoneme

HSC
N/A

Malfoy said:
Of course it's not okay!
why not? i'm not saying that you should torture a cat and cause it harm for your own amusement, just asking why we look at it differently.

goldendawn said:
No, it's not ok to kick a cat. No animal deserves to be casually injured for our entertainment - it demonstrates a potentially pathological lack of empathy.
but why don't we feel such empathy towards all animals? if you stood next to someone that killed a fly, ant, spider or whatever for no reason would you say something? and would you be as angry for that if it was a cat instead?

and yes i know that some people would be angry no matter what animal was hurt, but i think killing a cat would cause more reactions.

again, not saying we should hurt cats because there are no reason why we shouldn't, just wondering why we don't.

btw the links doesn't work for me either

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

theoneme said:
but why don't we feel such empathy towards all animals? if you stood next to someone that killed a fly, ant, spider or whatever for no reason would you say something? and would you be as angry for that if it was a cat instead?
Because cats are big, cuddly and we've grown up with cartoons of them talking/acting/thinking just like human beings. Other cultures don't have such inhibitions. Even if you believe, if asked the question, that a cat's experience of consciousness is likely very different to our own, that doesn't stop you from still slipping into the trap of giving them human characteristics when you're alone watching tv and they sit next to you.

lengy

HSC

What about 'a bug's life'? What about 'Antz'? What about 'Cars'? You can give anything inferior human characteristics. Why show empathy for cats? They'll just breed and create more cats. They aren't endangered, they aren't under threat. Get over this whole mentality that they should be treated any better than other animals. They should be treated the same. Just cause they are domesticated and you people can't get over the fact that they are cuddly and cute, that they should be treated with greater attention than wild animals or pests. This is the problem. The only animals that should be treated with greater attention are those that are endangered. Cats and dogs die, road kill, pets thrown away, become strays, get sent to pounds which are overcrowded with disposable pets. I find nothing more disgusting than people with an entire zoo of cats or dogs living in their residence shitting all over the place and rolling around in their own faeces.

HotShot

-_-
HSC

lengy said:
What about 'a bug's life'? What about 'Antz'? What about 'Cars'? You can give anything inferior human characteristics. Why show empathy for cats? They'll just breed and create more cats. They aren't endangered, they aren't under threat. Get over this whole mentality that they should be treated any better than other animals. They should be treated the same. Just cause they are domesticated and you people can't get over the fact that they are cuddly and cute, that they should be treated with greater attention than wild animals or pests. This is the problem. The only animals that should be treated with greater attention are those that are endangered. Cats and dogs die, road kill, pets thrown away, become strays, get sent to pounds which are overcrowded with disposable pets. I find nothing more disgusting than people with an entire zoo of cats or dogs living in their residence shitting all over the place and rolling around in their own faeces.
maybe cos CATS are evil..

HSC
Can you domesticate an ant? A spider? People keep tarantula's as pets and if you killed someone's pet spider they would be pretty upset.

My dog does not shit in the house and roll in it.

And Hotshot- that wasn't an attack on your masculinity, calm down. I'm sure I couldn't break your leg in real life but that's hardly the point is it? You could probably break mine but you would be arrested and charged with assault.
Taking advantage of your physical power over an animal and causing it pain for no reason is wrong.

"The only animals that should be treated with greater attention are those that are endangered."
Why's that? How does it affect my life if the corroboree frog ceases to exist? If it's fine to cause pain to an animal, why is it not fine to kill it?

Personally, I hate cats. They're ferals. They kill native wildlife. But that doesn't mean I'd condone injuring one.

Last edited:

robbie1

HSC
I bought a little baby budgie and 3 weeks later a cat killed it.

I've always hated cats and this just topped it off. Fucking fereal creatures. My bird was 10 weeks old and couldnt defend itself. It was a black cat and im pretty sure it lives nearby...if it comes back i'll be waiting with a cricket bat.

lengy

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
"The only animals that should be treated with greater attention are those that are endangered."
Why's that? How does it affect my life if the corroboree frog ceases to exist? If it's fine to cause pain to an animal, why is it not fine to kill it?

Personally, I hate cats. They're ferals. They kill native wildlife. But that doesn't mean I'd condone injuring one.
For the same reason you feel nothing for a rare endangered animal I feel no shame nor pity if I ran over your pet. This is the point I'm trying to make. You pick and choose what you feel pity for and I choose not to feel pity for domesticated animals.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Can you domesticate an ant? A spider? People keep tarantula's as pets and if you killed someone's pet spider they would be pretty upset.

My dog does not shit in the house and roll in it.

And Hotshot- that wasn't an attack on your masculinity, calm down. I'm sure I couldn't break your leg in real life but that's hardly the point is it? You could probably break mine but you would be arrested and charged with assault.
Taking advantage of your physical power over an animal and causing it pain for no reason is wrong.

yeah it aint easy to break bones.. let alone human bones -- without assistance that is.

i am sure there is reason - maybe u fear it, maybe it smells, maybe it angered etc.. similar reasons as to why u might want to punch someone in the face. wheter is breaking the law or not - i think the discussion of that is not in this thread.

the thread title is basically crueltly towards animals are we fair? its very subjective.. different people have different environements and different experiences. so u would people might smack dog and hug a cat..

also domestication of any animal is possible - just look at the zoo.

i support lengy - me hates dometicated animals and me respects wild animals (shit wouldnt wanna miss with a wild dog)... unless i was in the mood

Alien Ware

HSC
N/A
The RSPCA are useless. My neighbours have had a dead animal on there property for several days and they wouldnt come out (dead animal in the heat charming), now the neighbours have another pet and havent checked on it, and those RSPCA fuckers wont do shit.

Whats the point of having them if they wont come out and check on the animals? My prick neighbours have also had dogs taken off them by the RSPCA years ago for neglect and that still didnt ring any alarm bells.

Dont give the RSPCA any money!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)