Csci399 (1 Viewer)

benno22

HSC
N/A
hey,

does anyone know if any past papers exist for CSCI399, or if anyone has done the exam before what structure the exam is in and is possible any questions you were asked?

cheers.

DooGseY

HSC
No past papers are available, not even in the library archives.

I assume you have seen this on the site for this subject but apparently this is all the help we get:

40 marks, mostly short answer questions - there won't be anything much by way of programming tasks. You can easily write Perl on the back of an envelope while travelling on the subway, so it is just about possible to write Perl under exam conditions. Really, PHP requires the function reference documents to be available; and you can't go anywhere in Java without a web browser to view the class libraries. So, maybe a Perl programming fragment but no other real programming.

Old exam papers are not made available for this subject. These are the only hints that you get for the exam!

* about 4 marks relating to Apache web server, CGI mechanics and exercise;
* up to 4 marks on DNS
* about 9 marks relating to Perl and PHP and exercises
* maybe 5 marks or so on choosing amongst the alternative technologies
* a few marks on explaining things controls on accesss
* five or six marks on servlet jsp technologies
* four marks on XML parsers and exercise
* a few marks on dot-net and web services to round things out.
Doesn't look too difficult, but then again nabg isn't known for going easy on students. I think there's at least one person here who has done the subject though (ogmzergrush?) so maybe he or others can shed some light.

DooGseY

HSC
I thought it was pretty easy. There were a few questions in the java section and the .net question which I didn't study enough for but was able to make reasonable guesses at. Nothing was too demanding though which is fine by me. I'm sick of comp. sci. exams where you're expected to write programs on paper so I thought this was a fair test for once.
Assuming no scaling I would have scored around 92 on the exam, so yeah, pretty easy.

jflores

HSC
I did pretty good as well I got 94. The exam is pretty straightforward and there was one little 3 mark program to write which wasn't too bad anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)