HSC
N/A
Will you be my mentor? :D

I like where is says on the sheet

"MENTORS WILL NOT HELP
ACADEMICALLY BY DOING YOUR
HOMEWORK OR ASSIGNMENTS FOR YOU"

:p

It says "prefered" category. Does that mean if I put female, i'll get a female mentor? :p

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
mmm mentors are assigned based on similarity in gender, age, language and background - so I don't get a say in that - though the program does have group welcomes!

If you've tried to sign up and it didn't work, try it again tomorrow....apparently the page was broken today :p

you might get a female mentor I would think........now don't get any ideas :p its not a pick up joint!

Last edited:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Should I put down female in the preferred category?

hahaahahha

sunny

meh.
HSC
Yeh...the coordinator found out this afternoon that the page didn't actually work. Which might've explained why we still had zero sign ups at enrolment!

He said it should be fixed tomorrow. You met/heard Brad Hall talk today right? He's the coordinator for the mentoring program.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
The site now works, i've just reg'ed.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
UTS, move ur math1141 tut on tuesday to 4-5pm instead of 5-6 :), might as well make it 5 hours straight :), or u wanna have a break then do the 1141 tut?

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you are having trouble enrolling CSE's advising session do have people helping new students enrol. I was there today and alot of the people were quite confused on what to enrol and getting a good timetable.

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Yeah.. i was there too, and was taken to the next room for software engineering (only 5 people). The director of seng now knows about it, and some other guy in the bugle lab said something about it, but it'll be fixed next time.. (i forgot, had dehydration, and loss of memory occured).

something along the lines of "semester 2 is not too urgent"

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Anything important to know from today?

I came on monday and it was almost empty :p

ace

is retired
HSC
I guess this is important to some, if even a minority.

In reference to seng unsw students (first year students),

As you know, in semester 2, if you pick the mathematics subject as an elective, it clashes every way you try due to the core subjects of software. This is easily fixed by going to the mathematics faculty and asking them to move a set of the lectures (e.g. calculus or algebra) onto another day that has them running.

Basically you are mix and matching the two lecture options you can pick at the my.unsw, into a situable one. (my.unsw doesn't let you mix and match, that's why you ask the maths faculty to override it and enrol you into it).

I guess if you want, and if you can tell the mathematics faculty without confusing them, you may be able to do it over the phone.

This fixes the clash with choosing mathematics as an elective in semester 2.

Ace

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
That's fine. I'm not doing maths as an elective.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)