CSP Admission w/ international qualification (1 Viewer)

Chelseafc65

HSC
Hi all,
I am an Australian studying British A-Levels in Hong Kong (Asia). I am interested in reading Arts/Law for 2009 but i have no idea how my A-Levels grades will be counted as a UAI for admission.

I basically finished all my studies and i just have to wait until i can apply so there's really a lot of time for me to do research. The thing is i e-mailed ANU ages ago and recently sent another one to the law department but i am just so anxious since i got nothing better to do. I am quite certain i will obtain ABB as my A-levels results which i am not sure will or will not be enough for admission.

I stumbled across this (http://info.anu.edu.au/StudyAt/International_Office/_pdf/intadmissions08.pdf) which shows some conversion for international qualification but doesn't actually say anything about British A-levels. I am not even sure if its a fair indicator since it clearly states international students (although the requirements seem a bit harsh for int).

So really, if anyone knows better (probably most of you guys) or have info on this, please reply.

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Best thing to do would be to email ANU about it. Make sure you specify clearly that you're an Australian student. I'd imagine that an ABB would be about equivalent to a 95, but I'm not sure. Otherwise you could try to find a converter from A-levels to IB grades, because it says there that they require a 36 for Law at ANU (which is a bit of an exaggeration, since a 36 is closer to a 97-98 UAI).

Chelseafc65

HSC
Thanks, i was thinking of the same thing. Their IB grade requirement on the site is 34 which is kind of like 93-4UAI so this would infer that most conversion sites should only be trusted as a grain of salt. Tried this e-mail (enquiries.law@anu.edu.au) but still haven't gotten a response. I am starting to wonder if they ever check mail or if i am just using the wrong address.

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
I did the GCE A-Levels (in Malaysia) and am doing law without a problem. There is a requirements table in their propaganda material for internationals (which is what i am), i think its a conversion table compared against a minimum points prerequisite. However, i think the admissions requirements are different for australians and non-australians, as I have a couple of friends who were australian residents and they have to apply through what the usual australians do (something was mentioned about VTEC or something for the university of melbourne) What I suggest you do is contact the admissions office if you haven't already.

EDIT: I should improve my english, but i wasn't paying much attention and i do come from a non-english speaking background

Last edited:

khing

King and Tyrant
HSC
If i remember correctly, an ABB or an AAC would suffice for law. I wasn't paying too much attention to it as I did way better than that. The requirements would be lower for foreigners though, as we pay full fees.

You can use that pdf link as a guide. Almost all A-level examinations in Malaysia and Singapore are (AFAIK) handled by Cambridge International Examinations (and most probably the one in HK is done the same way)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)