CSP/HECS fees (1 Viewer)

dandel26

HSC
I'm a bit confused.
Say i get into a CSP (commonwealth supported) place for art/law, the maximum band is $8600 per year or something like that. Do i have to pay that per year or is that the ammount that i have to pay the government back after i finish my degree?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
dandel26 said:
I'm a bit confused.
Say i get into a CSP (commonwealth supported) place for art/law, the maximum band is $8600 per year or something like that. Do i have to pay that per year or is that the ammount that i have to pay the government back after i finish my degree?
You can defer it to HELP until you start earning past the salary threshold.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
You are charged HECS-HELP fees (for CSP courses) on a per subject basis, rather than a per course basis. So what turtleface is saying is that, while your law subjects may be in the highest band (Band 3), if you happen to do any Band 2 electives (like Business/Commerce subjects) or Band 1 electives (like Arts and Education), then you will get charged at those rates rather than your Band 3 rates. So basically, the full year rate you stated is the maximum you would pay if you did all Band 3 subjects, however this may not always be the case as you will probably be required to do something else along with your law degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)