• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Cssa 2004 (1 Viewer)

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
ermm don't think solutions should be put up, some ppl haven't done the exam due to illness/misadventure, apparent "illness/misadventure" etc...

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
Ummm...I don't think ppl will b still taking the CSSA test now 4 like misadventure/illness...most trials r well and truely finish..so could sumone kindly post up the solution for 3U/4U Mathematics CSSA 2004...Thank you...:D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Azn_Phoenix said:
Ummm...I don't think ppl will b still taking the CSSA test now 4 like misadventure/illness...most trials r well and truely finish..so could sumone kindly post up the solution for 3U/4U Mathematics CSSA 2004...Thank you...:D
If you can't get all the answers for 3u CSSA out you shouldn't be doing 4u.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Supra said:
oo justin thats a bit harsh, but prolly tru...
I mean as in not just the two hours, but you should seriously be able to sit down after the exam and get all of the questions in at most 3-4 hours.

Azn_Phoenix

HSC
So is anyone going to post up the solution...people need to check working out and the answers right?

CrashOveride

HSC
withoutaface said:
I mean as in not just the two hours, but you should seriously be able to sit down after the exam and get all of the questions in at most 3-4 hours.
3-4 Hours? For the CSSA Ext 1? If the Ext 1 exam itself is 2 hours, one must train to get it all out within this time frame. Also, it was a rather easy test this year, so if you found it difficult then....practice is the answer.

But to side with Azn_Phoenix, it would be productive to have the solutions put up [more so for Ext. 2]

HSC
wooooohooo!...i got 63/105 = 60%..i'm happy, except that i'm VERY pissed at myself for making SOOOOOOOOO many silly mistakes,

mojako

HSC
Azn_Phoenix said:
So is anyone going to post up the solution...people need to check working out and the answers right?
u still need it?
or have u been given it by ur school?
pls tell me if its legal to publish it now.

Last edited:

xing_chen

independent trial paper

what do yoy guys think of CSSA paper,I do not think it is very hard, it is solid.we wouldn't get that easy questions in the HSC.have look at the pass papers.
also go and have look at Independent trial paper.what would you get.how do you think about the Independent trial paper

shazzam

acta est fabula
HSC
xing_chen said:
what do yoy guys think of CSSA paper,I do not think it is very hard, it is solid.we wouldn't get that easy questions in the HSC.have look at the pass papers.
also go and have look at Independent trial paper.what would you get.how do you think about the Independent trial paper
dude if you really don't think that paper is very hard then you should be very good at maths, which means that you would score very highly in four units of maths which universities like very much.
Therefore if what you say is true than how come you only have an estimated UAI of 80?

CrashOveride

HSC
I agree with him. This paper(CSSA 04), relative to previous CSSA and other papers this year, was as he put it solid but not overly hard. Still decent but yheah, i would expect much tougher standards in the HSC.

So past papers is the key =p

za

HSC
r u guys seriou8s abou8t expecting harder q's in the hsc.

i just passed the cssa trial, so wat chance do i hav of paassing the hsc exam

CrashOveride

HSC
Yeah expect harder questions than CSSA 04 man. If you just passsed then it's more incentive for you to work harder and hope for the best ^_^

Also just random, coz i was looking in the techincal forum thingo, certain exams like last year a guy got like 56% raw and got about like 85% aligned etc. Do people know what kinda factor is involved like this in 4u? my teacher thought that raw of 65% would put u at least 95 but meh

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
CrashOveride said:
Yeah expect harder questions than CSSA 04 man. If you just passsed then it's more incentive for you to work harder and hope for the best ^_^

Also just random, coz i was looking in the techincal forum thingo, certain exams like last year a guy got like 56% raw and got about like 85% aligned etc. Do people know what kinda factor is involved like this in 4u? my teacher thought that raw of 65% would put u at least 95 but meh
That would sound about right, we only had 2 people over 70% and the teacher is expecting about 8 band E4's.

pitted

HSC
N/A
ok.
honestly guys the cssa 2004 was very hard (i think its just me)
however (if it is just me) i have been doing previous HSC 4U maths papers
honestly, they are hard but you get some bloody easy questions as well
example - integrals, i nearly get 15/15 for that nearly every time
although i have noticed some really hard probabity, the rare hard circle geometry. but honestly i got 33/120 for the cssa catholic trial and im expecting about (well hopefully at least 60/120 for the HSC)
so in my opinion, i think that the HSC will be a hell of a lot easier than the cssa 2004.
but lets see what i really get when the HSC rolls around
ciao

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yah ive noticed that too but wot ppl r saying is taht cssa 2004 was easier compared to otha csssa papers in the past...good luck wit ur goal...im aiming for 80+/120 (well aim for the sky) in teh hsc coz i need that to pull up my low assessment...btw 1993 hsc was harder than cssa 2004 imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)