CSSA 2005 Essays (1 Viewer)

Z_Nizzle

HSC
Vampire said:
Didn't they have exhange rates last year? Unlikely then it would come up as an essay imo.
yup...but it will should pop up in short answers section....as they do on many occassions.

Haku

Z_Nizzle said:
call up the HSc help line....read out an essay question and tell them to dictate an answer while u write it down. I might do that today.
haha, can u do that? haven;t used the helpline yet.

can someone tell me what u can actually ask? Eg: reading out a whole english essay response for KL.

sunjet do u have a good essay on labor reform?

redd

HSC
N/A
hey just a quick question do "exemplar" responses mean in the A range ie 17-20 or full marks

redd

HSC
N/A
isnt a boader line response a "band 5/6" response? what exactly is "exemplar"

Haku

yea borderline is like 17ish

exempler is like borderline responses that the hsc students wrote, directly photocopied and put in a book and sellf or 30!!!!!

=slade=

HSC
these are some practise ones i have done, obviously its really long, but thought it might help someone

any comments are appreciated!

Z_Nizzle

HSC
=slade= said:
these are some practise ones i have done, obviously its really long, but thought it might help someone

any comments are appreciated!
first essay:
1. 2600 words is too long for an exam essay...

Second essay:
2. 1500 words is fine, however its very rare that they give a generic essay on globalisation, u must be aware of and enonomy other than Australia...with considerable amount of depth....i suggest either Brazil or China...other than that the contect is fine.

Haku

Without Wings said:
exemplar responses illustrate the highest standards achieved by students.
no it doesn;t, its a borderline response.

cause if u read the thing it say a essay in the high band range. and reading the actual content u can see its not that good.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
in the exam it sounds good :)
examplar is highest marks in that question/year ? (i think)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
To reinforce what Without Wings said, Exemplar responses are examples of the highest mark gained by a student, which is more often than not 20/20. Band 5/6 responses are borderline Band 6s, which are usually around 17/20 raw.

As for the new HSC Answer Books, high = 17-20/20 and mid = 9-12/20.

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
Exemplars are more often than not 20/20 responses BUT not necessarily the best 20/20...if you get what I mean...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Vampire said:
Exemplars are more often than not 20/20 responses BUT not necessarily the best 20/20...if you get what I mean...
Yea, good point. But I guess any 20/20 will suffice, unless of course you're aiming for 105/100 :p

Haku

when i say borderline i was refering to those blue books on eco, where it have a highband and medium band essays. i am sure u saw them. they are also published by BOS.

i was not refering to the 2002 CD exampler where the BOS provide to schools.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
nosadness said:
when i say borderline i was refering to those blue books on eco, where it have a highband and medium band essays. i am sure u saw them. they are also published by BOS.

i was not refering to the 2002 CD exampler where the BOS provide to schools.
In the case of those new books published by BOS - the ones with the blue and red covers - the "high" range responses may lie anywhere between 17 and 20/20. They aren't necessarily borderline responses. "Mid" range responses lie between 9 and 12/20.

Haku

Without Wings said:
those aren't exemplar responses (the blue books) they are totally different things, they are standards that you are talking about. Standards and exemplars are not the same thing.
No offence but try to get your facts straight before arguing a point, as it gives people the wrong impression about something (some people take something they hear on bos very serious).
hehe, sorry, cause the blue book call it a "exempler in the high range", guess i missed out on the last part.

so correcting it, yea everyone look at the 20/20 exemplers from BOS cd for 2002.
this is correct, the 2002 hsc is the only one with examplers, ie 20/20

Haku

Without Wings said:
i feel mean doing this (as if im stalking you and correcting everything you say) :p

Exemplar responses don't necessarily mean 20/20 - just they got best mark given (so most people assume 20/20, but there is no guarantee, they may be 19/20 etc. Either way its not really important, as they are a response which got the highest mark that markers gave, so still pretty awesome :D
well guess your just doing ur job...and its cool, good that i am learning. i already understood the fact that exampler is the highest possible mark (the ones in 2002 HSC cd), but not necessarily 20/2, but i am guessing they usually are as prob at least 1 person would be very into eco and stuff....

oh and continue ur good in correcting me and keeping us informed, lol but i reckon the part you corrected me for the 20/20 thingy was kinda excessive as stated above.

Haku

:)

oky, anywayz as stated by without wings, exemplers are the highests mark student achieved in the hsc. not inclusive of the blue book which is "high band samplers"

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
In our trials... for one essay top mark was 18... the head teacher was realllllllly angry with us ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)