CSSA 2005 Legal Studies Trial (1 Viewer)

still waiting

HSC
goan_crazy said:
i just checked textbook and my notes and ive got education as an economic social and cultural right...did anyone get that?
i put contract law for the band.
i put that answer for the education question i wasnt sure if that was right but apparently it is so im happy......lol
i put contract law for the band as well but i guess well have to wait and see if thats right...

powerhouse

HSC
Shit, I put a civil and political right. I didn't know if education was a social or a civil right. Grr.

What was the go with so much on natural justice?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
powerhouse said:
Shit, I put a civil and political right. I didn't know if education was a social or a civil right. Grr.

What was the go with so much on natural justice?
powerhouse...dont worry, I put civil and political too

congrats still waiting

i was happy with the natural justice question

this was my answer. Natural justice is concerned with the need for equality before the law and the right to a fair trial. It consists of two rules. The hearing rule where everyone has the right to be heard and the rule against bias where all decisions made should be free from bias. Then the question said something about fairness. I forget what i wrote after defining it.

still waiting

HSC
goan_crazy said:
congrats still waiting
thanks... i may be over taking u in the wise one stakes.....lol
nah dont worry not just yet my natural justice answer was so shitty compared to urs but oh well.....

goan_crazy

HSC
I stressed to everyone to know what natural justice or rule of law was...
I knew they were bound to ask one
Heaps of people get natual justice mixed up with natural law...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
dammit i thought it was C&P as well?!

however, if you had done the past MC before you would have got the band one :D i should know..i got it wrong in MC online :D

goan_crazy

HSC
wrong_turn said:
dammit i thought it was C&P as well?!

however, if you had done the past MC before you would have got the band one :D i should know..i got it wrong in MC online :D
i had ESC firstly and changed it under pressure
grr!

powerhouse

HSC
I actually wrote stuff about the rule of law in the natural justice question - that nobody is above the law and that the law should be known by all. However, when I looked up rule of law I found:

Examples of the rule of law include Natural Justice

Maybe i'll get something...

Last edited:

goan_crazy

HSC
powerhouse said:
I actually wrote stuff about the rule of law in the natural justice question - that nobody is above the law and that the law should be known by all. However, when I looked up rule of law I found:

Examples of the rule of law include Natural Justice

Maybe i'll get something...
yeah u might get something for it
but thats another thing people get mixed up with...
rule of law and natural justice.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I don't remember the exact wording of the band question, but for the answer to have been contract law some sort of agreement between the two parties would've been required. For that reason, I said property law (as this includes intellectual property, such as a logo).

Also, even if there was a contract involved, do you really think it would stipulate things such as logo use? More likely, it would simply be an agreement on the band's part to play at the venue, in return for due payment.

Last edited:

courtney_*

c_james said:
I don't remember the exact wording of the band question, but for the answer to have been contract law some sort of agreement between the two parties would've been required. For that reason, I said property law (as this includes intellectual property, such as a logo).

Also, even if there was a contract involved, do you really think it would stipulate things such as logo use? More likely, it would simply be an agreement on the band's part to play at the venue, in return for due payment.

Yeah that's what I thought as well...
Oh well I guess we will just have to wait and see :)

goan_crazy

HSC
courtney_* said:
Yeah that's what I thought as well...
Oh well I guess we will just have to wait and see :)
yeah we'll have to see hey?
i think I'm wrong then with contract law
you both have brought up some valid points re: it being property law

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
if you do the question in the past hsc paper for a question that is similar to that band question. its answer is contract law.

the reason: when you have puchased something, you must recieve the good or service that you have purchased. since the band did not deliver the good or service, they have breached the contract. in doing so, they have not abided by contract law.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
wrong_turn said:
if you do the question in the past hsc paper for a question that is similar to that band question. its answer is contract law.

the reason: when you have puchased something, you must recieve the good or service that you have purchased. since the band did not deliver the good or service, they have breached the contract. in doing so, they have not abided by contract law.
Um...what? The dispute involved the unlawful use of the band's logo by the party organising the band's venue. It had nothing to do with the band not "delivering" their services.

jonathan__

HSC
yeh i agree..i reckon it's property law cos it's an intellectual property (copyright or wateva)..well the test was pretty straight forward i guess..but only 1 thing - I didn't have time to do a conclusion for one of the essays cos i was busy writing as much bs i could, prolly pulled out like 1.7k words for each essay and they didn't give us a warning before time was up. Ah well...would i automatically lose a mark? Also, wat mark do u guys estimate for the trials? Anyone got their eyes on high 90's?

furrycatau

HSC
N/A
I was hoping in the 90's, but reading about that band question... I had crime! I did think of property law but assumed crime (rushing probably) due to the fact that the party could be charged with theft and obtaining finanical benefits through fraud. But there are good arguments for property so, damn...

jonathan__

HSC
So for instance, if we get around low 90's (around 92-93), that would prolly equate to around 95ish in hsc? (Well im taking that from mah maths exams bcos CSSA are harder than the HSC for it). And wat would a 95 approx. equate to after being aligned and scaled, higher or lower?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
My teacher told me today that they have marked nearly everything and he said I will definitely get over 90, just not sure exactly what mark because the multiple choice is yet to be marked. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)