CSSA 2005 trial (1 Viewer)

jennylim

HSC
so...how'd we find it?

i did module 2 i&s...it was actually quite ok. the vagueness of the non-essay response was perfectly acceptable since it allowed me to BS all i liked. the essay itself was a bit confusing though...how was it of "value" to modern responders? because themes were universal? because it showed lots of ways of thinking? because the texts were amusing? hmm, we'll see..

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
our teacher referred to the exam as a gift.. i'm from the 'retreat from the global' elective.. imo it was a matter of regurgitating out a generic essay/creative piece... hopefully i did okay! but it was imo much easier than last year's two critical analysis pieces!

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
i do postmodernism, so Q5 and Q7 i think they were. but our teacher went ON AND ON about how hard it was, and i got in there and was pleasantly surpised by the general nature of the questions! except yeh, the 'value to responders' was i bit weird, i didnt really know how to fit that in! lol. so i guess is was a bit of a challenge!

minalata

HSC
the creative stumped me , cos it was soo general, argh stuffed it up cos i only left 30 mins for the creative and so only did 3 pages, no joke....im freaking out

i do individual and the society

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i do pomo and i hated the questions!!!!! it wasnt that hard, like any prepared essay could be adapted, but i just hate general questions like that!!

ishq

brown?
HSC
It was a gift!
The paper was literally saying "please regurgitate everything you know!"
The imaginative was pretty generic

(Crime Fiction)
And, I finished.
It was a miracle.

gorgo31

HSC
Hmm. Responders was fine for CF, bullshat my way through importance of conventions and value of each text and then crime fiction as a whole.

Not sure about the imaginative piece. I was a bit caught when it said "issues" relating to CF - interpreted it as themes, and wrote about a racist police officer interviewing a black rape victim in hard-boiled noir style.

Should be OK.

i do retreat from the global and i thought the question for the essay was bit too generic, but the composing was alright.

scoby_2000

HSC
i do rftg

for the imaginative i pretended i was proulx writing a journal entry and she had just read some of heaneys poetry :D

i didnt finish the essay but i was going well :(

Pointy Ears

HSC
All I can say is 'meh'. They were good questions in terms of crime fiction, i mean they were pretty generic. Its just that i didnt prepare for them because i am stupid.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
The questions were whipped up in less than a minute. I should know, my teacher contributed to them.

know_it_all

the qs were totallii easy
but i stuffed them up hard..
very generic and ambigious...esp the creative
i do cf...
stuffed it up

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Wow, I had hoped the paper would be harder in a way (I do RT). But nevertheless don't want to get too cocky. Just glad it is over.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
ishq said:
It was a gift!
The paper was literally saying "please regurgitate everything you know!"
The imaginative was pretty generic
yea, that was what i was thinking when i saw the questions.. i wished i had "memorised" more of my essay... sigH

also, most of us were freaked out because a teacher told us to read the question carefully, so i was scared that it was going to be really confusing like the "ideas" with "legs" thing from a few years back..

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
minalata said:
the creative stumped me , cos it was soo general, argh stuffed it up cos i only left 30 mins for the creative and so only did 3 pages, no joke....im freaking out

i do individual and the society
3 a4 pages?
I only did 4 a4 pages each for both the essay and the creative. it's about as much as I always write, and I feel comfortable with it.

I thought the questions were absolute bullshit. Easy, but bullshit.

I do I&S.. I just wrote about how the dilemmas can be valued because people (mostly contemporary) could relate to the characters, or something like that. It was a pretty vague, poor question.

jennylim

HSC
they were both extremely vague. however i didn't mind that cos it just gave me lots of room to write a prepared response. i wrote about 7 pages for the first and 5 for the second. then again i have pretty big writing.

adambra

HSC
I wrote 6 for both but I was a little under the weather. Usually about 7-8 for the essay at least.

scoby_2000

HSC
there were 2 girls i know of that wrote a 10 page creative...now call me upmyself but i wrote 4 and a 1/2 and i bet u anything there mark isnt that much greater (if at all) better than mine....

isnt it a bit of a waste of time to write 10 or more pages when it is quite easy to do it in less?

i cant help but think that the 5 pages more than me wont achieve more than 1/2 a mark

i dont believe thats worth it-..........

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
scoby_2000 said:
there were 2 girls i know of that wrote a 10 page creative...now call me upmyself but i wrote 4 and a 1/2 and i bet u anything there mark isnt that much greater (if at all) better than mine....

isnt it a bit of a waste of time to write 10 or more pages when it is quite easy to do it in less?

i cant help but think that the 5 pages more than me wont achieve more than 1/2 a mark

i dont believe thats worth it-..........

Umm personally, esp with regards to the essay its much better if you can write more. In the half yearlys the only people who got 24 or higher wrote more then a booklet. You need a certain ammount of content to answer the question adequetly. Normally with the creative it doesn't really matter but the Genre question had lots of components to it and maybe she needed 9 pages to express her idea. Get over it. You must be a brilliant writer to be able to articulate everything in in 4.5 pages. Considering we have an hour I think its probably wise to write alot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)