CSSA Bio 07 (1 Viewer)

Andrew007

HSC
it was the hardest bio exam i have ever done . the core questions were so weird, and it was hard to adapt the info to the question. like alot of it was syllabus-twisted. e.g. all the tables and graph and diagrams.

nadine06

HSC
Andrew007 said:
the core questions were so weird, and it was hard to adapt the info to the question. like alot of it was syllabus-twisted. e.g. all the tables and graph and diagrams.

could not have said it better myself

efhat

HSC
did the trial today and i thought it was pretty good considering i studied only afew days!! i agree tho that cuckoo q took me a while to figure out....but the rest was really good....i finished with about 35mins to spare :) but i had busness as well today and im soooo dead ite now lol......and gta study 4 goegraphy tmoro!! KILL ME !

Freakster01

HSC
eloeloelo said:
did anyone get the qu about the 70kg man with the table that you had to analyse?

isnt that just decrease in o2 in skin etc.. like that? if not than im screwed

and yea.. i agree that this trial paper was the hardest eva i've done past cssa papers and none of them is as hard as this 1!! ><!!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
hmmm im not sure if my bio was the same as yours?? cuz mine was easy...all the other subs i do were CSSA but this one had my school name as title page so yeah...what questiosn did you guys have?

eppingMCE

HSC
Yeah Wtf is with the mans wieght??? i didn't understand that question at all. and why does it give us the litres wieght per mintue??? WTF MAN... i BS so hard lol

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
70kg man.....guess my test wasnt CSSA, wish it was tho, mine was easy as..

was the cssa taht hard? what made it different to every other cssa bio past paper?

efhat

HSC
hmm well for that 70kg man one i wrote how since the kidneys are the lightest organ yet contain so much blood, proves that they are the filters of the body blah blah, the increase in blood mass shows how it releases metabolic wastes from the body....the decrease in blood mass in the other organs suggest that they use up the oxygen the blood carries through them and it leaves the organs lighter becoz of that.......doz it sound rite??

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
can someone post the question the 70kg man i wanna see if i can do it!

bassbeats.

HSC
For the 70kg man question, I talked about a large litres of blood to weight of organ ratio was due to the function of the organ, eg: large blood flow to kidneys to filter blood, also large flow to liver to obtain nutrients, small flow to carry carbon dioxide from body tissues etc....really I had no idea lol.

The cuckoo question...weird too. I just said that the cuckoo, via convergent evolution, could evolve to come like the wren or something stupid...:S

Last edited:

Jessica14

HSC
Buiboi said:
can someone post the question the 70kg man i wanna see if i can do it!
It had a table of the rate of blood flows in certain organs while a 70kg man was at rest or something like that. I don't remember what the values in the table were, but u had to explain y with knowledge of blood flow to organs.. i think.

What did people use as their source of carbon dioxide in the prac with the plants growing better with CO2?

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
efhat said:
hmm well for that 70kg man one i wrote how since the kidneys are the lightest organ yet contain so much blood, proves that they are the filters of the body blah blah, the increase in blood mass shows how it releases metabolic wastes from the body....the decrease in blood mass in the other organs suggest that they use up the oxygen the blood carries through them and it leaves the organs lighter becoz of that.......doz it sound rite??
Yep, I wrote all that too, though i dont know if that will score the 5 marks. the hard thing about the question was that it said "analyse the data in the table using your knowledge etc...", so you had to basically pick the life out of the table in all different ways. I put in some specific masses by subtracting stuff and explained the mass gain/loss in the blood, but i didnt mention the weights of the organs because i didnt think that it would relate to the changing concentration of ions in the blood.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
bassbeats. said:
For the 70kg man question, I talked about a large litres of blood to weight of organ ratio was due to the function of the organ, eg: large blood flow to kidneys to filter blood, also large flow to liver to obtain nutrients, small flow to carry carbon dioxide from body tissues etc....really I had no idea lol.

The cuckoo question...weird too. I just said that the cuckoo, via convergent evolution, could evolve to come like the wren or something stupid...:S
It 'evolves' because of behavioural adaptations, that's what I wrote, hope it's correct :S. I also wrote that the environmental pressure is due to a competition of resources, which is a factor that allows evolution to occur. In terms of natural selection, the wrens are the favourites because they have the adaptations (the genuine call) and the cuckoo soon learns it and passes this new behavioural adaptation to its offspring, then to the next generations etc. Along those lines. I think the question actually specified to use a "named example and refer to the cuckoo data" - I was going to use peppered moths, but that doesn't relate at all to cuckoo birds, so i had to bullcrap my way out lol.

Last edited:

beentherdunthat

HSC
:wave: Hey people!!! Hope you guys done well in the bio trials...

If you guys need good notes, wait 'perfect' notes, download all the "Ahmad Shah Idil" notes from the resources page on Biology. He got 98 (4th in the state) for his HSC, so you're looking at extremely detailed, all you need to know notes.

Here's the links

Maintaining A Balance
http://www.boredofstudies.org/download.php?id=7884

Blueprint of Life
http://www.boredofstudies.org/download.php?id=7463

The Search for Better Health
http://www.boredofstudies.org/download.php?id=7484

Genetics
http://www.boredofstudies.org/download.php?id=7444

Enjoy :)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
what wa sthe big 8marker q in cssa?
for mine i didnt even have an extended...highest mark allocated was 6, the rest were all broken down in to a) and b)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
now that you have finished your bio paper, what do you reckon you will get or what your hoping to get?

eloeloelo

HSC
i dont remember having an 8 marker, there were some 6-7 mark questions but they were split up into a) b) like yours

correct me if im wrong anyone who did the cssa paper- the exam is a blur to me lol- i only remeber some questions

becko the gecko

HSC
ahh bio!! i agree with all the complaints on the cuckoo question it was crazy!!
i finished early but with half an hour to go... im hoping to get at least 80 but probably more like 70-75ish

there's just soooo much content! gunna start studying for HSC ASAP!!

readert

HSC
For the blood question with the 70kg man, i wrote some different stuff.
The blood l/kg/min increased dramatically because salt and water was being re-absorbed from the kidney nephron.
In the liver, blood l/kg/min decreased because glycerol and fatty acids are broken down in the liver
In the muscle, blood l/kg/min also decreased dramatically because O2 and H20 would be absorbed for respiration, and hence energy.
The skin i thought was confusing, but i said that blood l/kg/min decreased as a means of minimising heat loss via the skin, which now sounds really stupid lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)