CSSA History Extension Trial (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
The exam is tomorrow!

I think it'll be alright, I'm not overly worried, just finding it hard to remember quotes.

Post your pre/post exam thoughts!

georgemladenov

HSC
Post exam thoughts:

:bomb:

During the reading time I was like "yes ... my planned JFK essay answered this source exactly" ... but then I imploded, couldn't concentrate, and ruined any hope of doing well in my HIX trial.

In my 5.5 years of secondary education I've never capitulated when it mattered most ... until today!

I just hope I passed!

zaqwerty

HSC
I thought the source in Section One was a tad long. I wouldn't usually mind but so many things came to my head whilst reading it and I didn't have nearly enough time to write them all in my response.

In Section Two.. Such an idiot.. I had no quotes and I didn't go into a lot of depth with the Areas of Debate, rather, I went into depth with the context/methodology of the historian. I guess that's relevant but the whole point of the case study is to analyse the areas of debate!

I'll probably get about a 22 or a 23 for the first section, but only about a 16 or 17 for the second :(

clarissa1

HSC
zaqwerty said:
I thought the source in Section One was a tad long.
a tad long.. no very long!!

for section 2 our teacher drilled us to remember quotes and to discuss the debates. Which historians did ppl use??

zaqwerty

HSC
My case study is JFK so I used Sorenson, Hersh and Dallek, and I did Kennedy and Khrushchev and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

clarissa1

HSC
zaqwerty said:
My case study is JFK so I used Sorenson, Hersh and Dallek, and I did Kennedy and Khrushchev and the Cuban Missile Crisis.
mines JFK as well though we didnt even study Kennedy and Kruschev only Public and private life, CMC and Indochina

xoxo

HSC
i thought it was actually ok!
im kinda happy lol
i wrote a generic type essay for both questions the day before and they fit beautifully in there
it will be interesting to see what i got thought lol

zaqwerty

HSC
clarissa1 said:
mines JFK as well though we didnt even study Kennedy and Kruschev only Public and private life, CMC and Indochina
We didn't study any debates, I had to do it all by myself.

MMalone

HSC
xoxo said:
i thought it was actually ok!
im kinda happy lol
i wrote a generic type essay for both questions the day before and they fit beautifully in there
it will be interesting to see what i got thought lol
How did you go with Elizabeth as a case study? Got full marks for it, but the first question had too much to write on and not enough time. It was a prick. (Only got 21).

xoxo

HSC
oh hey!
well, question 1 i got 21.5 which was i think secodns highest and questions 2 i got 19. doesnt sounds that crash hot but i am absolutely thrilled with it coz i went soooo bad in my half yearlies and my teacher was pretty much jumping up and down saying 'you get it! you get it!'...kinda embarassing haha but again 19 was i think 2nd or 3rd highest in that question
and im 2nd in the whole class so im absolutely thrilled haha

MMalone

HSC
xoxo said:
oh hey!
well, question 1 i got 21.5 which was i think secodns highest and questions 2 i got 19. doesnt sounds that crash hot but i am absolutely thrilled with it coz i went soooo bad in my half yearlies and my teacher was pretty much jumping up and down saying 'you get it! you get it!'...kinda embarassing haha but again 19 was i think 2nd or 3rd highest in that question
and im 2nd in the whole class so im absolutely thrilled haha
Well done. Keep it up. Unfortunatley time for the first question buggered me up but I suppose practice makes perfect. Good luck for the main event.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Hey, could someone plz post up the trial paper after the safety period, cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)