CSSA Legal Trial (1 Viewer)

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Oh great mother of alibabwa the third...

That was tough! I only got off 4 pages per focus topic question. The crime bit was of except for one teensy weensy lil question... that was worth marks. ARGH!

-P_D

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
Yeah that trial was a little off field. We were all preparing for Human rights questions in Q16, we got normal law instead.
I stuffed up the focus topic, could not write more than 3-3.5 pages for each one. It's annoying, when i looked back at trials from 2000-2002 they are all pretty easy and straightforward, i think they started making them harder from 2003 onwards.
I hope to get at least 75%, though i usually get 85%.

DsDeMoN

HSC
I thought it wasnt too bad to be honest.
I'd focused study around crime and the two focus areas. So the yellow pages were a bit tricky.. but could ramble off a definition and stuff from memory.
Got out 5 pages for each elective, global environment and World Order.. chose a) for both.
Just outta curiosty.. anyone choose part b)? Coz in terms of global environment and World Order, the individual isnt a major focus. Thought it may have been easier to do in say.. consumers and shelter?

HSC
we haven't covered the law and society topic yet, so everyone in my class found the multiple choice and the yellow pages really difficult, because my teacher was stupid and didnt take out those questions and are including those questions in our assessment mark =/
but i didnt think the rest of it was too hard, i wrote a fair bit and am fairly confident that with the crime and two focus areas that i did quite well :)

i chose a) for both my electives (family and world order)

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
watt? u havent done law and society?? that provides like groundwork for all the other topics

Excalibre

HSC
Yeah, law and society is usually the first topic you do. It's the foundation of law and without a sound knowledge of concepts of the natural justice and stuff, you really won't be able to evaluate as well as you should be able to.

Anyways, the test wasn't too tough I thought. The parts that threw me were in the multiple choice. Some of the questions were really tough and not straightfoward as previous years.

The long answers were pretty straightfoward, except for one on crime.

HSC
our trails were the most straight forward questions you could ever have
1-family=only on the dissolution of marriage [both questions]
2-workplace=termination of employment [again both questions]
mulitple choice was straight forward
the answers for our short answers were in the multiple choice
crime was the only thing hard... it was quite similar to out half yearly...
:)

HSC
well our teacher was stupid and decided to do the law and society topic AFTER the trials =/ its so screwed

SharaHatter

HSC
i thort CSSA paper was ok till i got my marks back. Multiple choice were crap. i got 10/15 n that was the highest. overall i got 89% and that was 1st by about 11% but was disappointed cos was hoping 90+ but my assessment mark is like 94% or something so i guess it doesnt matter

How'd u guys go in the CSSA paper?

PurpleSky

HSC
We did the independant schools trial... it was ok, question b) was a doozy though, all this stuff about the media and law reform.... plus it had 2 parts, it had a discuss the statement component along with an evaluate the effectiveness... for some reason alot of people in my class choose this question and their marks took a skydive because they couldnt integrate the two. Watch out for questions like that!

namdog

HSC
our teacher wrote ours, so it was all but impossible to receive a decent mark.

I managed to get 83%, which was 1st by 12%. I guess that shows the ridiculous nature of the paper.

our damn teacher never gives full marks for anything, no matter how well you have written...

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
i did cssa today, i thought it was pretty easy except for maybe the 2 last crime questions and some multi choice.

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
I'm not sure if I did CSSA, but my test was okay-ish. I sucked at the essays. They were really bad. I suppose it had something to do with me falling asleep when writing about the Global Environment. But yeah, I was disappointed. I only got 76%, and I was really needing around 85%, to reach 2nd rank. My test rank was 3rd (equal 4th) so yeah, I suck. I just find that legal has too much content. It's an easy subject, just really hard to remember everything.

Chocolate Adikt

HSC
namdog said:

I managed to get 83%, which was 1st by 12%. I guess that shows the ridiculous nature of the paper.

our damn teacher never gives full marks for anything, no matter how well you have written...

Consider that a good thing,

The last thing you want right now before the HSC is a leanent marker, because realistically markers are not easy to persuade. Remember you're never losing marks, you're trying to gain them so if you teacher isn't giving full marks for something perhaps you should consider the possibility that you might of made an error in you're answer.

Keep up the good work!

HSC
namdog said:

my teacher never gives full marks either.. but thats kinda a good thing in that we're more prepared for hsc marking..

i want my marks back.. he decided to get them double marked and cos he took a week marking them first and then giving them to this other person we wont get them back for a while.. how it can take a week to mark a total of 3 papers i dont know..

and i think i know you from somewhere.. screenname the same.. matt?

itsjenjen

HSC
i got 78%...
I'm tied second in my ranking, but i might be only just 3rd... i don't know. Someone got 91% in my class. I thought the test was fair... but at the same time it was difficult.

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
lol i got 86%, i couldn't really believe it considering that i only studied for the trial 2 days before. This allways happens in legal studies, i think i 'll go bad but somehow get 80+. Legal studies has to be one of the best subjects you can do in year 12, it's easy and it's scaling is at a descent level.
Unlike 2U maths where i study for 2 months before the trial, only to get 37%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)