HSC
wrxsti said:
OMG you ppl are weird lol....for that marathon one.... distance = speed x time

you do that

differentiae

maximise

you get the question
lol
For the total distance travelled I got 7km or something about in the 7's, since you had to minus the total distance travelled by the initial.

The rain drop question is the series question with the given equation Rn = 1-2n-2^n

For the loan repayment question I got P = 60,000 or around the 60K range.

Last edited:

sufyan

HSC
Hey did everyone remember to double differentiate (or alternatively use the table) after finding the value that minimises her time in the marathon?

Cos I forgot.

Overall, I found it to be easy. Yepp, Q6 definitely the hardest. Q8-10 was fairly simple. I was stuck on the scientific notation question...which was the first part of the first question. Brain dead or something. Ended up with 2.6 times 10^7. Yes, yes i no its easy...LOL

Also got something around 118K for time payments. I got a huge number for the raindrops. For proving (2,16) I completely forgot that we could just substitute and show that way, and wasted SO much time! The reason you HAVE to sub-in is because you cant divide it all by 2

2x^3 + 2x = 20.

You can only divide through when the number on the other side is a 0. Since we have a 20, we couldnt do that. Something i jus happened to forget under the pressure. Time-wise I usually complain that 3 hours is too much, and was surprised to find myself jsut finishing in the last minute

I was also dumbfounded for a while on the lim (sinx / x) question...but thats a rule and the answer is 1.

readert

HSC
sufyan said:
Hey did everyone remember to double differentiate (or alternatively use the table) after finding the value that minimises her time in the marathon?

Cos I forgot.

Overall, I found it to be easy. Yepp, Q6 definitely the hardest. Q8-10 was fairly simple. I was stuck on the scientific notation question...which was the first part of the first question. Brain dead or something. Ended up with 2.6 times 10^7. Yes, yes i no its easy...LOL

Also got something around 118K for time payments. I got a huge number for the raindrops. For proving (2,16) I completely forgot that we could just substitute and show that way, and wasted SO much time! The reason you HAVE to sub-in is because you cant divide it all by 2

2x^3 + 2x = 20.

You can only divide through when the number on the other side is a 0. Since we have a 20, we couldnt do that. Something i jus happened to forget under the pressure. Time-wise I usually complain that 3 hours is too much, and was surprised to find myself jsut finishing in the last minute

I was also dumbfounded for a while on the lim (sinx / x) question...but thats a rule and the answer is 1.
I think that you only need to differentiate twice and test the value when you find an inflexion point, not just a normal stationary point (i.e. when y' = 0).

I think that 2.6 x 10^7 was right.

The rain drop substitution question was really stupid because by subbing it in, you'd probably use trial & error to show that the n = 7, like i did - which is probably worth more like 2 marks, than just 1.

readert

HSC
Oh, and was that loan repayment question below the natural growth and decay problem in Q.6? Cause ours was replaced with a different problem for some reason.

kokodamonkey

HSC
neaps are way harder then cssa.. where did you get that idea? i would have loved our school to have done neap rather than cssa.. itd be a good "discriminator" paper.

RandomTomGuy90

HSC
Our whole advanced cohort failed. I got 44/120. but no we're not as stupid as we sound. Our maths teacher has been in hospital for the last 10 weeks, so we covered two major topics in that time. In those 10 weeks we just taught ourselves. I went over it with the answers later on and i realised i made ALOT of stupid mistakes, and in some casess regretting not spending more time on some questions.

becko the gecko

HSC
74/120
definately isn't a brilliant mark but its my best exam mark for maths in 2 years so im very happy!

jannny

HSC
85/120

Pretty happy about it, did a LOT of silly mistakes just gotta go through the whole maths course again!

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
i got 92/120...but i wanted +100,farout i think i got the grade average of the 3u ppl doing 2u maths..if that makes any sense, im always average!!

highest mark was 119, but the mark she lost..happened to be wrong and she was the one who proved the teachers wrong lol so now shes on 120/120 lol...highest in my class was 114

Last edited:

jexca

HSC
I got 56%.. Can't remember my raw mark lol.
Wasn't too happy with that, but i was one of the 3 people in my class who passed :p I think all of extension passed...

ashraf91

HSC
it was a gud test, i killed every 1 at ma skool, even d yr 12s, btw im in yr 11, i got 118/120 nxt mark was from a yr 12 doin ex1 and it was 85/120 (we hve no1 doin ext2, nxt term ill be d onli 1) but i did hsc papers from 1976 and any trial i could lay ma hands on,im no nerd, i jst work reli hard for wat i want, im so pissed i lost d marks in question 1 and 2, 3kn blind is wat i am, but yea i thank god for it, represtin the ghetto (mt druitt)

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
ashraf91 said:
it was a gud test, i killed every 1 at ma skool, even d yr 12s, btw im in yr 11, i got 118/120 nxt mark was from a yr 12 doin ex1 and it was 85/120 (we hve no1 doin ext2, nxt term ill be d onli 1) but i did hsc papers from 1976 and any trial i could lay ma hands on,im no nerd, i jst work reli hard for wat i want, im so pissed i lost d marks in question 1 and 2, 3kn blind is wat i am, but yea i thank god for it, represtin the ghetto (mt druitt)
lolllllllllllllllll

noobsgetowned

HSC
ashraf91 said:
Somehow when i read your english, It's hard to believe you got that mark. I mean i know Maths has nothing to do with English, but come on, thats total 'gangsta' wanna be talk :\

jannny

HSC
ashraf91 said:
thanks man, we need more math in our world, cause itz d best
I am assuming, you go to loyola High School am i corect?

kpro

HSC
Anyone have solutions to this paper? I'm doing it as a practice, and i'd like to check the answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)