CSSA Modules paper (1 Viewer)

savvypatty1590

HSC
OMG

i studied
but had mental blank for the whole damn test!!

i wrote about 5 pages frontline, 6 lear and only about 3.5 emma/clueless...
ran out of time while punding my head trying to remember everything!! grrr

but i tried to add links in everywhere so i hope i go alright.. average anyway. i liked the paper 1 so hopefully i might get a decent overall mark

:worried:

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
savvypatty1590 said:
OMG

i studied
but had mental blank for the whole damn test!!

i wrote about 5 pages frontline, 6 lear and only about 3.5 emma/clueless...
ran out of time while punding my head trying to remember everything!! grrr

but i tried to add links in everywhere so i hope i go alright.. average anyway. i liked the paper 1 so hopefully i might get a decent overall mark

:worried:
think u stress out too much and your head went :burn:

hannahbonanaxx

HSC
i thought it was heaps easier than paper 1
except may gwen harwood, that question was a bit strange... i wrote 4 and a bit A4 pages. should i be aiming for more?

zaqwerty

HSC
I found it really suitable to what I had studied and reasonably "nice".

I did Hamlet/R+G, Cloudstreet and Telling the Truth.

None of the questions were specific, they were quite general, and I could easily adapt my knowledge to them.

Nevertheless, I stuffed up the times in my head. For some reason I thought I had to finish section two by 9:40 when I really had to finish it for 10:00, so I thought I only had 5 mins when I really had 25. Therefore, I didn't write my Cloudstreet essay properly and rushed the ending! Argh, I'm SO annoyed, it was such a stupid mistake to make. (Although when re-reading my Cloudstreet essay it sounded pleasing, I just hope I get a reasonable mark).

I'm not good at quick thinking.. :(

xxJTxx

HSC
I agree...the question's weren't that specific so you could easily mould topic sentences to it.
I did Hamlet/RAGAD, Harwood and Powerplay (Orwell).

Overall, I was quiet pleased with the questions, I was having a rant before it though thinking how silly it is that we are expected to go in there with knowledge of 9+ texts (4+ Harwood Poems, 3 for power and 2 for trans). It just got a little frustrating torwards the end when for the Powerplay essay I wanted to work in all this stuff, but there just wasn't enough time!
Does anyone else find it challenging, knowing that you can say so much on a module but you have to call it quits at 40mins and move onto the next one? I didn't want to be in position where I had like 30mins for one essay, so I strictly stuck to time.
I think I did ok overall...everyone post your marks when we get them back and tell us how you went :p Although...eng teachers are very subjective...but who cares. NOT TO MENTION most people today we're like "Yay no more english exams until hsc!!!"...and I have ext 1 this fri!

HSC
JBNguyen said:
I reckon in the wild and the gwen harwood one was alrite.
but my gosh! what does illuminating mean?! i was :confused: for like 5 mins. and the powerplay question was kinda challenging. i didnt have enough time to finish all of dat so i just stuck a conclusion in the end anyways :p
fob

bahu

HSC
It was a lot less scarier than I thought it would be actually
I thought the questions were really straightforward too, you other guys must have had hard questions or something cause ours were easy.
Emma/Clueless - 6.5 pages
Speeches - 6 pages
Powerplay (Antony and Cleo) - 6 pages
I hate powerplay though.. it's always hard.

But why are we worrying about modern? Yay for modern! I'm so excited, I love history :) yee, it's official, I'm a bit of a freak lol
I can't wait til the trials are over.. it's going to be mad.

-

UAI need: 75

Ranks:
English Adv - 3rd
Extension English - 1st
Studies of Religion II - 1st
Mathematics - 4th
Modern History - 2nd (but not for long)
Legal Studies - 2nd

zaqwerty

HSC
I love history too, and my teacher is an easy marker, but I'm still scared about Modern.

Just. so. much. content.

Jessica14

HSC
JBNguyen said:
I reckon in the wild and the gwen harwood one was alrite.
but my gosh! what does illuminating mean?! i was :confused: for like 5 mins. and the powerplay question was kinda challenging. i didnt have enough time to finish all of dat so i just stuck a conclusion in the end anyways :p
Yeh BR/BNW (in the wild) was a great question

but that harwood one sucked. the only time i referred to it was in my intro and conclusion and i still have no idea wot it was asking. i only wrote 3 pages but meh! i left it til last so i was over it by that time.

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
our paper was generally pretty good except for the question on in the skin of a lion! grrr it was so stupid and it didnt really have alot to do with the text so i spent all my time trying to make it into something else.....but other that that....i like the transformation speech and the frontline essay. im so glad it over though :)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
xxJTxx said:
most people today we're like "Yay no more english exams until hsc!!!"...and I have ext 1 this fri!
I hate english. i hate extension english... which is very ironic considered im ranked first in the school in both..... lol ive never done a past paper for either subject :S..... i just cant bring to do a past paper for ENGLISH..... anywayz i hope we both do good on friday :)

campbellleo

Idyllic Ballina: It's enough to make you rather si
HSC
So far, the CSSA Trial Papers have all been soft. I am a little disappointed though, I was hoping they would be really hard to motivate me to do more practice for the HSC...

The English exams have all just been essays, and the Economics paper was one of the easiest I've ever done.

Urk. Modern today. I guess I should be studying...

Is the BOS site going to go down the night before every exam in the HSC? Because I needed it so badly last night, and it took me two hours to get on :mad1:

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
wrxsti said:
I hate english. i hate extension english... which is very ironic considered im ranked first in the school in both..... lol ive never done a past paper for either subject :S..... i just cant bring to do a past paper for ENGLISH..... anywayz i hope we both do good on friday :)
mmmm...i know what u mean

side note: Go the Broncos too lol...even though our season is over

nathanbalam

Theif
HSC
LOLZOR

didnt get frontline finished.

english these days is just not.....ENGLISH>!

lol its always some spiritual/ metaphorical crap!

TRANSCEND the age?

GHEY! omgzorcakes.

classact

HSC
What were the Qs for yu guys, our school made ours up, it was really horrible, but never mind, there over now!

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
nathanbalam said:
LOLZOR

didnt get frontline finished.

english these days is just not.....ENGLISH>!

lol its always some spiritual/ metaphorical crap!

TRANSCEND the age?

GHEY! omgzorcakes.
dont worry rest asure there are many people out there who hates english and the way exam is written out like me!:)

Jessica14

HSC
I agree

We don't even lose many marks if there are spelling or grammatical errors.... y's it called English???

KyleandError

HSC
I thought it was pretty good.
All except the question I had on powerplay. Long questions= difficult to answer completely and correctly.
I wrote a booklet on each, but given the time I would have written an extra 2-3 pages on each.
Gotta train up these weak typing hands of mine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)