CSSA Papers and their copyright. (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
It is widely known that CSSA papers are copyrighted (ie: cannot be distributed freely like school trial papers)and that they do not allow their specific questions to be posted in public view ie: forums until the end of the security period.

What are your thoughts on:

1. Strict security period measures.

2. Copyrighting their questions.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm going to start by specifically expressing that I disapprove of such copyrights.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to say that, I disapprove as education should be free to all (resources too). But But ..... Legally, it is their intellectual property and no one else has the rights to use or distribute that property unless they are contacted.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
It is widely known that CSSA papers are copyrighted (ie: cannot be distributed freely like school trial papers)and that they do not allow their specific questions to be posted in public view ie: forums until the end of the security period.

What are your thoughts on:

1. Strict security period measures.

2. Copyrighting their questions.
I personally think it's unnecessary.

"don't distribute these papers"

yet

"don't use these on any day subsequent to the timetabled exam day"

I think the issue centers around schools who decide to use the same CSSA paper two weeks later, when the questions are all over the net and in the public eye. Of course this brings us to another issue, that ranks in someones school who engages in such action is not authentically reflective of their true ability to apply the content, just to get the answers off here (hypothetically) and cheat.

Yet, I still don't understand why CSSA has a confliction of its own rules, that inhibits distribution, yet inhibits use after the timetabled exam day.

dunjaaa

HSC
I didn't know that the replacement questions are gathered from other private papers so my bad =( since other schools haven't sat their trial yet.

integral95

HSC
Unless other schools set them at a later date, it's a bit unnecessary.

Makematics

HSC
isn't it the school's problem if they choose to make their students do the cssa after the designated date?

kewon

HSC
i doubt many schools change the test for a kid that was away. honestly if they are gonna buy like 100 papers for the grade to do why would they bother writing up another one just for the one student.

Web Addict

HSC
If a school uses a CSSA paper but changes the cover page so that their school name and logo appears on it, are the students allowed to distribute them?

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
If a school uses a CSSA paper but changes the cover page so that their school name and logo appears on it, are the students allowed to distribute them?
Don't think they can do this LOL

Kobweb

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know why they don't allow people to distribute them? I mean what difference does it make whether people are doing say a 2009 paper. I mean it was 4 years ago why do they care?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Does anyone know why they don't allow people to distribute them? I mean what difference does it make whether people are doing say a 2009 paper. I mean it was 4 years ago why do they care?
Obviously the issue which naturally arises with that hypothetical circumstance is defeating the entire purpose of the HSC ranking system.

If you've done the CSSA 2009 paper, with sample answers and you know everything, you can't say that your mark that is given is what you will get in the HSC. Nor can you say that the rank generated as a result of that test is authentically reflective of your position in your cohort. It very well could be, but it's just unfair to print out a past paper and "here kids, put your teeth into this".

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Any1 remember BOS suing the authors of Phoenix 3u/4u books as they ripped the exact same questions out of the HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)