Cssa physics 2012 (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
Best response questions, loved them. Mathematics was ridiculously difficult, and I stupidly messed up the rotor force question, damn!

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Exam was well rounded.. had good questions and definitely tailored to test your knowledge as opposed to route learning.

So guys what did people say about verify whether this method is correct for the first impurity question:

What about (here is a list)
--> the photoelectric question (part ii worth 1 mark which was like 2.1 volts stopping or some shit like that)
--> last question (did you guys take into account that the magnet was tilted)
--> How did you guys answer the calibrator question with the electromagnetic breaking
--> For MM experiemnt diagram this is close to what i had... anybody have anything different
View attachment 26042

thats about it for now

:)
yep, thats what i drew. i reckon they should have just asked you to draw a digram for the MM experiment, rather than wording it the way they did :\
and no, i didn't take into account the magnet was tilted. probably wouldnt know how to explain it anyway.

Demise

HSC
yep, thats what i drew. i reckon they should have just asked you to draw a digram for the MM experiment, rather than wording it the way they did :\
and no, i didn't take into account the magnet was tilted. probably wouldnt know how to explain it anyway.
Lmao, I still drew the M&M experiment since I thought that'd help me explain! And nope, I didn't talk about the tilting, didn't think you had too tbh. :/

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I was stumped on that 2 marker with the blue light with 0.1 watts? didnt understand what I was meant to be looking for - overall was a good paper

vinhkn

HSC
I was stumped on that 2 marker with the blue light with 0.1 watts? didnt understand what I was meant to be looking for - overall was a good paper
OMG THIS. All the calculation q's were fucked up. It was hard as fuck. Hoping to get 65+

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't remember that question.....

onedaysnotice

HSC
:O No I never had a question like that. Was your paper modified at all?
My first was a graph with resistance and impurities.
Oh xD Yeah my teacher changed some questions because we haven't finished ideas & implementation yet :L

kman16

HSC
The photoelectric calculation with the stopping voltage was pretty tricky. Part 1 was simple. Part 2 i got the answer.. eventually. On your formula sheet it tells you how many J's one eV is... so you just have to divide it with your first answer. Part 3 was unusual.. i came up with some crap but wasnt certain :p
also what the hell was with that question on electromagnetic breaking.. i just said eddy currents are created but i didnt say why LOL

mdunn94

HSC
Exam was well rounded.. had good questions and definitely tailored to test your knowledge as opposed to route learning.

So guys what did people say about verify whether this method is correct for the first impurity question:

What about (here is a list)
--> the photoelectric question (part ii worth 1 mark which was like 2.1 volts stopping or some shit like that)
--> last question (did you guys take into account that the magnet was tilted)
--> How did you guys answer the calibrator question with the electromagnetic breaking
--> For MM experiemnt diagram this is close to what i had... anybody have anything different
View attachment 26042

thats about it for now

You might think that this was correct, but the question asked you to draw how the earth moves relative to the aether, and how the speed of light is affected as a result, it didn't ask you to draw the michelson and morley apparatus, so I'm not sure where your getting that from.

Caboufram

HSC
N/A
One of the easier exams our class has completed, current average is 78%, hopefully this pushes us up a little. Personally, I think I lost a couple of marks for m/c, maybe 2-3, rest was amazingly structured - loved it

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
One of the easier exams our class has completed, current average is 78%, hopefully this pushes us up a little. Personally, I think I lost a couple of marks for m/c, maybe 2-3, rest was amazingly structured - loved it
yeh same chrabs hahahah

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
that diagram with the weith balance thing was a joke you couldnt even see the aluminium strip. ridiculous

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
dont act like you arent trying to find out questions.. im pretty sure i saw you in the maths thread as well

manscux

HSC
You might think that this was correct, but the question asked you to draw how the earth moves relative to the aether, and how the speed of light is affected as a result, it didn't ask you to draw the michelson and morley apparatus, so I'm not sure where your getting that from.
Understandable. But you indictae aether wind by showing the effect it has on the arms... it specifically said the effect the aether wind WOULD have had on the arms going parallel and perpendicular... i am not sure. you could be right. But that is how i interperted the question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)