CSSA Results (1 Viewer)

tronneth

HSC
yeh, that is what i meant, you need the profession, etc etc but i can't remember seeing it explicitly asking for a named scientist on the syllabus (but i'm sure someone will probably go and find it word for word now :p...)

Yeh it was lienient giving us all a mark, well acutally....if we left it blank we probably got 0...but if you made something up...she gave us a mark, but she was annoyed lol....

acutally i thought i'd find it (for the hell of it): "outline the role of a chemist in a named industry OR enterprise, identifying the branch of chemistry undertaken and a chemical principle the chemist uses"

Nothing about naming the scientist....but i guess it doesn't really matter.....trials are over anyway...

trina_288

HSC
about the oyster question... it is quite simple to find out the answer.

You have to know that 100ppm = 1mg. The question then says that the sample contains 200ppm, so if 100ppm - 1mg, then 200ppm = 2mg. and the recommended dietary intake is 12mg. So 12/2 gives you 6 oysters.

Captain pi

HSC
trina_288 said:
about the oyster question... it is quite simple to find out the answer.

You have to know that 100ppm = 1mg [sic]. The question then says that the sample contains 200ppm, so if 100ppm - 1mg, then 200ppm = 2mg. and the recommended dietary intake is 12mg. So 12/2 gives you 6 oysters.
100ppm = 1mg if and only if the sample is 0.01 kg or 0.01L. Since neither the volume of a sample of oysters nor the mean mass of the edible portion was given, the question is insoluble.

Thus decreed by Captain pi.

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Hmm....I lost a mark in the CSSA paper coz I drew the graph in Q20(a) without a ruler. It's not the only mark I lost, but I lost 1 on something so basic. I'll try not to be as lazy in the HSC exam :p

And that oyster question wasn't removed from our exam, but luckily I put 6 coz it seemed like the only answer that could be at least partially derived from the limited info given...

oheaveno

HSC
i got 82%.. ranking 7th in mai class
top mark was 89% i fink

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
I got 91% which was 1st in the Yr. I am in an accellerated class though, the top mark in yr 12 was like mid seventies.
We hadnt done a bit of chem management so our teacher changed a couple of questions.
Our teacher also said that the top mark at Coffs Harbour was 99%.........
That doesnt sound too good for the HSC.
YAY 1st Overall

NAZGULy

Lord Ring Wraith
HSC
Well Done RAX!! i got 87% coming third in the year. Highest was 96%, followed by 90%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)