CSSA results (2 Viewers)

EY

HSC
ha... i got 59%..... woahhhhhh that sucks!!!
i came 3rd... 2nd was 62% then 1st was 80%!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
did the independant, yet i can't find the thread for it, aw well:

got 70% shit, rank will probably be shit as well, top mark was like 94%

know_it_all

Crik8 Rulz said:
Got 80%. 2nd in class. but our teacher says that he wants to mark us hard so that we don't get a "false sense of security" for the HSC. the highest in the essays was 14.
the highest for essays in ur class was 14?

Crik8 Rulz

HSC
Yeah, the higest was 14. He said he didn't want to encourage us too much. so he marked us down.
but guess, in a way it might be good, we hav to do better in the hsc. on the flip side, some ppl in our class got so discouraged - they've given up.

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
16/20 for the multiple choice so far (cause my teacher has to mark all Eco, SOR1 and SOR2 exams so he's incredibly slow)... I hope I do well overall though.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Crik8 Rulz said:
Yeah, the higest was 14. He said he didn't want to encourage us too much. so he marked us down.
but guess, in a way it might be good, we hav to do better in the hsc. on the flip side, some ppl in our class got so discouraged - they've given up.
And the latter statement is a huge downside, which is why I'm against teachers marking either harshly or leniently. My english teacher tends to just mark our essays the way he sees it...no leniency or harshness to the marking, which is what I like.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Our teacher is a good marker, he helps set the hsc some years and he takes his time and writes like a page of comments, which helps us improve for the hsc.

volition

arr.
HSC
I scored 93% which was the top mark out of a 35-ish group of people who do economics at my school. Second was 90%. Too bad I won't 'rank' first overall because I stuffed up my first assessment... I'll probably rank 3rd because of that.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i dunno what test i did... dont think it was CSSA...

but i got 51%
go me.

Crik8 Rulz

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
And the latter statement is a huge downside, which is why I'm against teachers marking either harshly or leniently. My english teacher tends to just mark our essays the way he sees it...no leniency or harshness to the marking, which is what I like.
I think that's a good way to mark. that way, ppl face reality and try to improve it, instead of becoming over-confident or just giving up.

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah it's funny how we can all spend so much time thinking of different 'ways' to do things so as to score better, when really it's best to just study hard and do the best you can :)

My personal attitude towards HSC is to just do the best I can, and just to be happy with whatever I get. Nice and simple

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I didnt do the CSSA paper (although i swear we did...)

But yeh my sig says it all.....*sighs*

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
i got 85%, which was first.. screwed up case study but will be prepared for hsc.

Deus: explain??

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Deus said:
I didnt do the CSSA paper (although i swear we did...)

But yeh my sig says it all.....*sighs*
Is that happiness to be 2nd for 5 years in a row or frustration at not getting 1st?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Crik8 Rulz said:
I think that's a good way to mark. that way, ppl face reality and try to improve it, instead of becoming over-confident or just giving up.
True. It's better than being marked leniently. Nevertheless, you may feel disheartened if you put blood, sweat and tears into an essay and get 15/20 (when you would've got 19.5/20 in the HSC) simply because your teacher wants to "mark harshly". But as long as the class is understanding of your teacher's approach, then I guess it's ok.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Is that happiness to be 2nd for 5 years in a row or frustration at not getting 1st?

The latter probally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)