CSSA Trial 2004 (1 Viewer)

Melody

HSC
N/A
I didn't think it was toooo bad..... completely stuffed cold war qustion but i know EVERYBODY in my class did so I'm hoping, somehow, mine was the least stuffed up... Don't like my chances....
Was really pressed for time on Russia, would have been more pressed but i didn't know enough for cold war and some russia so...
Your thoughts?

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
It was alright i was expecting alot worse but that isnt to say i went well

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
me too i went well, didnt spend too much on ww1, bout half n hour i htink...spent the rest of the time on Indo-china(we got 2 amended qs since we havent finished the topic) and germany(+speer), i did the first one...overall i didnt expect nething too hard, i predicted that the q wud b total war and totalitarianism (for ww1 and germ. respectively), very lucky...

Mike iE

HSC
Im in melodys class, and i thought even though we hadn't coved the detente question in depth, that it was quite a specific question to ask. Other then that i did alright, it felt like i wrote the same thing 3 times for the russia/trotsky questions.

star_mountain

HSC
what questions did you get?

Hi guys, first post, i'ld like to get things rolling!

I'm just wondering, because i think our school's q's were amended, can you guys please tell me out of curiousity what you got for all sections, german national studies, speer, and the cold war, it would be much appreciated. We got, from what i can remember:

decribe the morale on the fronts

we got outline the main aspects of speer's career

did speer do everything hitler told him to do

a totalitarian one

something to do with what extent did defeat in military..............

and idelogies in the cold war

thanks!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i had evrything on that list, but i dont know bout cold war coz i dont do it...most likely ur cold war one wud b amended as u may not have finished tha topic

CarinaT

How many pages did you all write for each of the essays? That's like 4 in total.

B-Ma

HSC
No chance. I died. There goes my school based assesment mark. 3 pages for each essay. I done like 5 hours study, thats the most I've ever done but it was still hard. Too much content to revise.

clerisy

HSC
For people doing Russia, did you get a question something like "Account for the success of the Bolshevik Revolution by 1924"? I was a bit confused by that, because I think that was last year's CSSA question, so I'm not sure if my paper was meddled with?

I was irritated by the WWI question. I think total war is the most ridiculous thing to write about in two pages, because-- by definition-- it's total. There are too many things to consider. Thus, I sort of neglected it in my studying, and so wasn't it glorious when I sat down to the test!!!

star_mountain

HSC
i was talking to some of my friends, and they told me that they had questions on hitlers rise to power, totalitarianism, assess speer's contribution for the nazis, and something about detente, does anyone know the actual questions for this, not just what's related to what i said. I'm just wondering, because, it's probably unlikely that will get some of these questions in the hsc.

Melody

HSC
N/A
Mike iE said:
Im in melodys class, and i thought even though we hadn't coved the detente question in depth, that it was quite a specific question to ask. Other then that i did alright, it felt like i wrote the same thing 3 times for the russia/trotsky questions.
Me too!! Thank God I'd learnt all these historians quotes for Trotsky (1917-1924 was as far as i got in memorising!)

quincymcgee

The 2nd speer question was bad. I screwed up on that. The first one was basic. The Germany essay, on totalitarian was good, ive done that essay before in class.

For people doing Russia, did you get a question something like "Account for the success of the Bolshevik Revolution by 1924"? I was a bit confused by that, because I think that was last year's CSSA question, so I'm not sure if my paper was meddled with?

I was irritated by the WWI question. I think total war is the most ridiculous thing to write about in two pages, because-- by definition-- it's total. There are too many things to consider. Thus, I sort of neglected it in my studying, and so wasn't it glorious when I sat down to the test!!!

in response to clerisy's comment,

yeh i had thj=at bolshvikl revn q n i had studied specuificlaly for that so it was gr8! it was good.
nar, i doubt ur paper was meddled with, that q is a past q!

SimpaticO

Happy Man
I think I did ok. I was really happy with how I went in WW1 because, like a lot of you, I was expecting something a lot harder to be the focus for the WW1 core study section.

I liked the questions on Russia, they were direct and specific. I don't know about the rest of you but I found a lot of the questions in the other CSSA trials to be very vague and ambiguous but the Modern History paper questions were fine. Nothing unexpected or overly challenging.

twiddla

The Germany question was just poor - i mean its not even really a focus and i got 18/20 for that section!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Hey, can someone tell me what the questions on Leni Riefenstahl were?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
We're not a Catholic school but we did the 2004 CSSA anyway. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I wish I paid more attention to this thread a few days ago :(

Edit: many thanks to Tenille for the total war Q:p...although I still stuffed it up a little :(

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Sarah168 said:
We're not a Catholic school but we did the 2004 CSSA anyway. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I wish I paid more attention to this thread a few days ago :(

Edit: many thanks to Tenille for the total war Q:p...although I still stuffed it up a little :(
Oh you dirty rotten mole i told you like everything! *shakes fist* my mark is instantly going up now to whatever you get :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Oh I'll be quite happy to inform you of my mark when I get it back Tenille muahahaha :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)