*gasp*

CSSA Legal.. TOMORROW..

*deep breaths*

Can't wait till we can all talk about it

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
azzikiel said:
Cramming time guys! haha.. I feel sorry for the guys that have legal and ipt on the one day.. Will be a very long day for you people.. Ipt is usually alright though.. anyone know where a copy of the 2004 CSSA can be obtained? Or anyone know of some of the questions they asked? Thanks and Goodluck for tomorrow.. :)
sorry no one has uploaded it yet
Ive got it but i bought it from a past student from last year

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
2004 CSSA Paper (abbrev version)

Qu 21 active listening, information gathering methods, construst a storyboard
Qu 22 construct SQL, discuss hyperlinks, how a search engine works
Qu 23 difference tween primary/secondary key, normalise database, create data dictionary
Qu 24 handshaking, explain purpose of 4 types servers, checksum and parity check, intranet vs internet

frangipani13

HSC
im freaking out about ipt tomorrow...3 hours of writing about the whole course of work argh!!! but anyway my ipt teacher set the cssa trial, which is quite funny cos personally i think he's a crappy teacher...but he told us to make sure we did 2004 hsc paper, dont know if this is helpful for tomorrow but thought u might find it useful!
happy studying!!

HSC
Good luck everyone for tomorrow.

Mine isn't for another 2 weeks \o/.

Lwax i got a Q on a Q in the 2004 CSSA trial.

Question 9 of the MPA hardware company installed a new system to replace its old system which was fully manual. The owner decides to get half of his employees to use the new system and the other half to use the manual system until the new system is running efficiently. Which moethod of conversion has been described in the scenario?

Options:
a.Direct Conversion
b.Phased Conversion
c.Parallel Conversion
d.Pilot Conversion

Now I was EXTREMELY sure it was C, but the actual solutions say D.
why's that?

FinalFantasy

HSC
DigitalFortress said:
Good luck everyone for tomorrow.

Mine isn't for another 2 weeks \o/.

Lwax i got a Q on a Q in the 2004 CSSA trial.

Question 9 of the MPA hardware company installed a new system to replace its old system which was fully manual. The owner decides to get half of his employees to use the new system and the other half to use the manual system until the new system is running efficiently. Which moethod of conversion has been described in the scenario?

Options:
a.Direct Conversion
b.Phased Conversion
c.Parallel Conversion
d.Pilot Conversion

Now I was EXTREMELY sure it was C, but the actual solutions say D.
why's that?
"Parallel Conversion"involves the old system and new system working TOGETHER for some time whilst the "Pilot Conversion" involves TRIALLING the new system in a local area before implementing the whole system.

In the passage, the owner decides to get "half of his employees to use the new system" while the "other half" uses the old, hence he is more likely to be trialling the new system in a local area first instead of trying to run them both together...
Therefore answer is D, Pilot Conversion

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
im gonna need sum major cramming, my trials are 2moro, i dont kno anything and ive only just finished project management so now 4 more topics to go. Lucky i get to sleep in, starts at 12.

FinalFantasy

HSC
taco man said:
im gonna need sum major cramming, my trials are 2moro, i dont kno anything and ive only just finished project management so now 4 more topics to go. Lucky i get to sleep in, starts at 12.
mines tomorrow as well, I have to cram the whole course in my head today lol
My exam tomorrow is at 9:00am!!
grrrrrr

goan_crazy

HSC
nomore3x5 said:
try this for size:
ipt 8:15-11:20
legal 12:00-3:05
at least u get to start them and finish them early
I got IPT and legal starting normal time :(
9am and 1pm!

mun_

HSC
I had my trial yesterday, It was harder than I expected.

I studied the whole syllabus and I knew basically everything but thats not enough, you need to be able to apply the knowledge to the stupid questions they ask.

I believe we did the CSSA trial, it will be interesting to see how everyone else went :)

LuKiN

HSC
i found it to be almost ridiculously easy. I think i've answered it well enough to get 100% even... i mean, i wont get 100%, but there were no questions which i know i got wrong. It was quite a bit of writing. I did a little under 14.5 pages including diagrams but i'm almost certain i over answered questions.

Multiple choice is a joke. The say to allocate 40 minutes to it. I finished it in 15 minutes. I spent about 1 hour and 15 mins on the next section. I went a bit over because i was writing too much and then i spent an hour and 20 mins on the final section which left me about 10 mins to give a quick read over.

I'm surprised how easy it was. I did virtually no study for it. I probably spent about 30 mins last night and most of that was while watching the glass house and that funny show before it.

Oh, and i also think my class is full of retards. At least two people answered ALL of the questions, including the two options which we haven't studied in class. They must have done major rush jobs....

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
LuKiN said:
Multiple choice is a joke. The say to allocate 40 minutes to it. I finished it in 15 minutes.
i must agree... i did notice that and it was a joke...

hmm... btw Lwaxana said that we can't talk about the CSSA trials until the security warning is over...

but... saying that 'i think i did well' doesn't hurt it... and also i hated that 1a(ii) question if the ppl who have done it know what i mean... i'm not saying nemore...

HSC
LuKiN said:
Multiple choice is a joke. The say to allocate 40 minutes to it. I finished it in 15 minutes. I spent about 1 hour and 15 mins on the next section. I went a bit over because i was writing too much and then i spent an hour and 20 mins on the final section which left me about 10 mins to give a quick read over.
exactly the same here!!!! i whizzed through multiple choice, and i was still writing in the last 10 minutes of the exam!

LuKiN said:
Oh, and i also think my class is full of retards. At least two people answered ALL of the questions, including the two options which we haven't studied in class. They must have done major rush jobs....

hahHAHAhahah same here! i don't think they've realised how the syllabus is set out....TWO options.....oh it makes me laugh!

goan_crazy

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
hahHAHAhahah same here! i don't think they've realised how the syllabus is set out....TWO options.....oh it makes me laugh!
yeah same lol
some people actually read the option questions we didnt do

but then again we didnt get taught multimedia properly and that was still in it, however the first a i ii and iii were changed
the rest was the same,

HSC
goan_crazy said:
but then again we didnt get taught multimedia properly and that was still in it, however the first a i ii and iii were changed
the rest was the same,

hey same here! i had to churn through the chapter in the textbook myself, and that hardly helped my cause :S

wick3d_aussie

Rumours...

Has anyone else heard this rumour...?
A certain school in sydney who has their exams after the CSSA period, has leaked atleast the english paper2 and legal studies paper and now they have turned up on the net...
Is this just a rumour or does anyone know anything for real?? I'm a little freaked out if we have to sit our english exam again cuz that would really suck.
Other than that, i think the trials havent been so bad... but chemistry tomorrow will probably change my mind!!

nomore3x5

Music Mogul
HSC
glad to hear that everyone else thought it was easy too!
i did my m/c in about 5 minutes and i wrote about 18 pages all up!
first time i've ever got writers cramp and ouch!!!
hope everyone gets good results, im sure we all will, a monkey couldve done that paper!

goan_crazy

HSC
miss_gtr said:
forget me... i did it too!

i didnt study for legal, i sat there for about 1.5 hours looking out the window.. haha legal was so gay
Sorry miss_gtr, i forgot ur another legal/ipt person
well i did exact opposite...i thought IPT was gay and left over an hour early!
Spent majority of the exam looking at people in my class shaking my head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)