• Best of luck to the class of 2020 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

CSSA Trials paper 1 Std. thoughts... (1 Viewer)

LoanWoolfq

HSC
thoughts on SA questions and unseen texts?
- i thought they were horrid and hard...tragic

what was the essay question?
- I honestly cannot remember!

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
Advanced trial paper was not bad. The essay question was nice, but the unseen material I found hard, I didn't get time to attempt one of the question.

HSC
i think adv and std had the same question – about motivations right? It was really good and pretty much connected to every theme in MOV but idk
short answer was fuckkeedddd, sadly didn't get to finish the 6 marker cause i was running low on time, and the first text about the disabled kid and the sister confused me so much :(

anthony___

HSC
i think adv and std had the same question – about motivations right? It was really good and pretty much connected to every theme in MOV but idk
short answer was fuckkeedddd, sadly didn't get to finish the 6 marker cause i was running low on time, and the first text about the disabled kid and the sister confused me so much :(
Yeah the essay question was nice for Merchant. The first unseen text was a shocker though lol

Kangaaroo

HSC
N/A
yeah I think the brother was a paraglider who'd had an accident or something? It was very conceptual for a memoir and tbh analysing nonfiction extracts is hard when you don't have the rest of the text to help contextualise what you're reading. I wish they'd had more variety in the text types for section 1.

Carl10101

HSC
For the first text I wrote about how although they shared the same childhood conditions - which was symbolised through the motif of aeronautics whereby they share the same map - they take different paths within that map or something

totally_screwed

HSC
maybe this is just me but the adv SA texts were the absolute worst, except for maybe the technology one. wtf was that last poem I read it like 30 times and didn't understand shit. it was so hard finding a comparison between a poem that made no sense and another one of those ugly ass texts. as a consequence, I couldn't finish the 6 marker and had to begin my essay hoping I'd finish at least 5 minutes early so I could go back and finish. but I didn't finish lol. I don't think I made grammatical sense half the time too rip. sayonara to my lovely internal rank it was nice knowing u

Carl10101

HSC
I used the question to guide my understanding of the last poem, whereby the question asked for how it presented paradoxial behaviour or something so I just found lines that did that in the poem and chose the third one as a comparison, but I felt like the first could have worked as well

totally_screwed

HSC
I used the question to guide my understanding of the last poem, whereby the question asked for how it presented paradoxial behaviour or something so I just found lines that did that in the poem and chose the third one as a comparison, but I felt like the first could have worked as well
that is precisely what I tried to do, I chose the third one as well, but I didn't execute things well in the end because poor time management. anywaysss it is what it is, paper 2 is up next so I'll focus on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)