CSSA TRIALS: SOR thoughts?? (1 Viewer)

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
It was a really good exam, and the questions were pretty broad, which made them a lot easier to understand :) but I have a feeling that I answered the section 3 question on ethical teachings wrong :/ what did everyone else write for this?

monnieb

HSC
I had to do Buddhism Environmental ethics for that section because my teacher is useless...it was alright but I wasn't really sure what I was meant to be "critically evaluating", also I do SOR2 and the religion and peace essay was a killer because we started the topic last week and only had 3 classes on it

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Well I decide to be an idiot an not talk about bioethics at all,,, bc you know, why not? I just talked about general ethical teachings (salvation through faith, commandments and stuff) :/ so guess who's failing hat section???? :cry:
And I know the feeling, we didn't have any classes on religion and peace either, we just did an individual assignment on it and that's it

kingmatthew

HSC
Sec1/2 Good. Sec 3- had to talk about your person, practice and ethics. Sec4- Pretty straight forward

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Sec1/2 Good. Sec 3- had to talk about your person, practice and ethics. Sec4- Pretty straight forward
So I wasn't the only one who incorporated all three areas into my section 3 response? Bc people are saying they only talked about ethics

kingmatthew

HSC
Im a 2u student, and it was essential to mention all 3. This is where they tricked the 1u kids. When they refer to "living traditions", they refer to all 3 aspects as a whole that contribute to it. I had 2 Paragraphs on Ethics, 1 Marriage, 1 Moses Maimonides :)

Colemans

HSC
N/A
I talked about in 3 paragraphs bioethics, 2 paragraphs sexual ethics and one para environmental ethics.

Im a 2u student, and it was essential to mention all 3. This is where they tricked the 1u kids. When they refer to "living traditions", they refer to all 3 aspects as a whole that contribute to it. I had 2 Paragraphs on Ethics, 1 Marriage, 1 Moses Maimonides :)
Though they asked for core ethical teachings?

Last edited:

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
I talked about in 3 paragraphs bioethics, 2 paragraphs sexual ethics and one para environmental ethics.
Why would you ever do all three aspects??? You only pick one of those for each depth study?

Though they asked for core ethical teachings?
True, but usually when they want you to discuss your ethical issue, they specify: select one of the following areas (bioethics, sexual ethics, environmental ethics)
So I reckon you'd be safe either way, as long as you're answering the question

Colemans

HSC
N/A
Oops maybe? No one ever told us that. But I feel you only ever choose one ethic in those short answer questions. How do you exactly structure a whole essay on one ethic?

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
Oops maybe? No one ever told us that. But I feel you only ever choose one ethic in those short answer questions. How do you exactly structure a whole essay on one ethic?
Ahaha yeah you only pick one person, practice and ethical teaching :) there's not much on each ethical teaching, which is why it would be very rare for them to ask a whole essay question on it

Colemans

HSC
N/A
Thats pretty weird... I mean they did specifically say ethics and under the syllabus its only the 3 I mentioned before. If its what you are saying (like my term 2 task), then the question should have said something like "how do different aspects reflect living tradition?", or at least take away the world ethical.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
I haven't seen the paper myself but one of my tutor students said it was fairly easily.

Student2

HSC
N/A
I only talked about environmental ethics, how did you guys incorporate baptism into ethical teachings?

honey23

HSC
N/A
I study SOR2 and I had sufficient information and examples to talk about ONLY the ethics part. I chose Christian Environmental Ethics for that section. I didn't even think twice about talking about my significant person and practice when I saw 'ethics'. I thought it was just about the ethics part of the syllabus you learned!

I hope they accept both (Ethics vs. Person/Ethics/Practice) for the good of us all!!! :)

Student2

HSC
N/A
Same, but I used a lot of examples to show Christianity as a living religion. Is that what we were supposed to do?

ConorDevaney

HSC
the section 3 was pretty typical, i was lucky as it just re-wrote my christian bioethics speech, so i got a lot down for christianity. i just structure each of my body paragraphs on a separate bioethical issue e.g abortion, euthanasia and ivc, than discussed how ethical teachings were applied to these issue by different variants and thus it was a living tradition. So much better than our half yearly which was "islam is a delicate balance between submission, faith and righteous living. How is the explored in at least 2 of the following: Hajj, Al-Ghazali, Bioethics."

Melldo

HSC
I study SOR2 and I had sufficient information and examples to talk about ONLY the ethics part. I chose Christian Environmental Ethics for that section. I didn't even think twice about talking about my significant person and practice when I saw 'ethics'. I thought it was just about the ethics part of the syllabus you learned!

I hope they accept both (Ethics vs. Person/Ethics/Practice) for the good of us all!!! :)
It is just ethics, no mention was needed for person or practice, in fact if u did that, that is wrong, no where in the syllabus is there mention of ethical teachings regarding significant people or practice.
Had to talk about environment, sexual, or bioethics.
Syllabus states : "Describe and Explain (insert religion) ethical teachings on bioethics OR environmental ethics OR sexual Ethics.
You had to talk about only one of them that contributed to a living religious tradition.
DON'T BEAT AROUND THE BUSH

miss study

HSC
I felt it was a pretty good exam tbh, I didn't have too much of problem however I'm really concerned with my religion and peace essay coz there's just soooo much to write about but hopefully things will be fine :) won't find out I guess til I get the marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)