CSU Bathurst (1 Viewer)

scrumpet

HSC
Ok, looks like im into CSU this year, so much to do in so little time so here are a few questions that i have.

Firstly What sort of stuff should you take with you to uni i.e Laptop printer stuff like that.

While on the technology scene are you able to acess the internet from the rooms, is it expenesive what do most people do in that restropect.

Bar Fridges in the rooms for catered. are they already in the rooms at bathrust can you bring them?

bex

HSC
it might be a good idea to have a look through the other posts which will probably answer your questions.. but the essentials:

internet is accessable through all bedrooms and computer labs. everyone uses the uni network although i think you can sign up to your own isp but its just easier this way.. the csu website is free so you can access uni email etc but oher pages are like 4c or something and works on a credit system

*laptop/computer
*printer (not essential though handy)
*FAN- definate must
*pillows, dooner- uni pillows are not sufficient i found... but i like lots of pillows...
*clothes
*toiletries
*towels (2 is a good idea)
*some form of cookware for weekends... i got by with 1 pot, 1 wok, and a sandwich press
*washing basket and powder
*bar fridge is not essential although definately handy.. those common fridges can get a bit icky..

Last edited:

just_me

just_me
HSC
hey everyone.

Congrats on getting accepted into CSU Bathurst, you made an excellent choice, im sure you wont regret it.

Just one piece of advice, no matter what accomodation you get into if you are on campus, try to minimise the stuff you bring with you. The Post from Bex previously has a good list of things you should bring with you. I Made the mistake of bringing to much shit with me and quickly realised that there isnt room to fit it all!!

The CSU Network is pretty good and if u have a laptop or have access to getting one then i recommend that you bring it because again you have limited space and this greatly increases the amount of stuff you can fit on your desk. Oh and as Bex said a fan is a MUST!! the rooms can get very hot and you will very much regret not bringing one with you!! a fridge is not essential but it sure makes life on the weekends alot easier and cheaper. Fridges are usually pretty cheap, about $200 from big W or K Mart and bathurst definitley stocks up at the start of the year!

Anyways hope you all enjoy the rest of your holidays and see you all in O-Week. Its gonna be awsome!!

scrumpet

HSC
Thanks for the Advice just me...... and sorry to sound naggy but what about a printer, how good is the acess to CSUs printers and photo copiers.
jsut trying to be prepared

just_me

just_me
HSC
hey again,

In answer to scrumpets question. The CSU Printers are usually pretty good unless of course everyone in your course has the same assignment due in an hour and everyone is printing at once. There is a printer in the 24 hour lab that everyone can access at any time if you have a student card. So i guess it would be handy having your own printer. Not completley nessecary, but like a fridge, makes your life easier.

And iceflower, about lamps, i took one with me and barely used it. I Lived in towers and there was a room light and also a light that runs across the top of your desk so i dont think it is all that important. Up to you.

Hope that helps and ask any questions you guys want cause i know how scary it can be and how many questions people have. So i guess i will speak to you soon. :)

scrumpet

HSC
Now to my drinking questions...

Untill some time i will be under 18, and im sure many others will be. do they patrol on campus parites and look out for underages or turn a blind eye...

What else is there for us underages to do?

What are the parties and Bar nights like? is there many parties?

bex

HSC
aha! this was my favourite part of going to bathurst! i turned 18 in late may of my first year and it was pretty sucky that whilst everyone went to the bar on thursday nights i had to stay home. although i snuck in a couple of times! campus parties arent patrolled unless they get a bit rowdy but even then security just issues a noise complaint so no biggie there.

its a pain in the ass not being able to go to the bar but on the upside- for that first term i got the best marks of my whole time at uni!

bar nights are awesome! they are held on thursdays and most tuesdays. there are heaps of themed nights like drs and nurses, back to school and 80s prom which are hilarious cause EVERYONE gets dressed up! other nights we get bands from sydney, cover bands and regular ones. Thirsty Merc came last year and they were the best ones ive seen! also Living End, Sneaky Sound System and Superjesus are ones I can remember.

Check out www.csustudents.org.au for more stuff on the social life of CSU and Sign up for all the pics of bar nights and stuff..

Hope that was helpful :)

PS The goon sunrise is the local specialty....at first theyre fouk but you learn to love em!

just_me

just_me
HSC
in regards to drinking.

I was too 17 until the first lot of holidays last year which was a real pain in the ass (but i did also get rather good marks in first term cause i hadnt killed to many brain cells yet...). In O-Week it is dry campus which means for ALL students on campus there is to be no drinking anywhere except for the bar. A couple of people in my dorm last year got caught drinking in their rooms and got put on levels as a result, so i wouldnt recommend it. However, there is underage party stuff organised in O-Week, (minus the drinking of course) on campus, which can be okay and any other week u can drink as much as you want and unless like bex said, you are really disruptive, security really couldnt be assed dealing with it, so your sweet.

The unibar is pretty strict on ID's as i found out and running in the side doors is really your best bet but as i learnt very quickly it is so so hard to do successfully.

There are absolute shit loads of parties so i dont think you should be worried there, and if there isnt, just make your own!! haha.

Until next time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)