CSU Bathurst (1 Viewer)

bex

HSC
I GOT IN!! woohoo! it was such a shock.. i sooo didnt think id get there!! Who else is going?! What you doing?? Im doing BA communications- commercial radio..

Are you living on campus?? Im living in Towers.. full board..
O week anyone? A friend of mine said that its refered to 'Country Schoolies' How cool is that?!

Crazy

well here's the answers to my question in the other thread, ignore that one bex

the towers hey?? i didnt really like it soooo much myself, it was my third pref....i got into my first which was catered cottages, should be good

cant wait for o week!!! :D

bex

HSC
yeah towers isnt the most attractive building!! But i think once i move in and put my own stuff in there, and all that then it will be nicer.. Shells of buildings arent as nice as when people have their stuff in them.. ok i say that within reason! Sports Journalism hey? that sounds pretty cool!

I decided i couldnt live in the cottages because i would just eat crap and i cant afford to buy food everyweek (i.e im jobless) and my parents will pay for board so im taking it!!!!

Are you in old or new diggings? Or the cottages? although i thought cottages were for o/s students?

Crazy

yah i didnt want to live in the self-catered cottages, cooking takes too much time, so i went with the catered!

im not diggings...i think its called premium catered or something

i dont know if any cottages are specifically for overseas students..but i got told that heaps of students in the self catered cottages are from o/s.

cant wait for o' week

do we get an official program soon or what???

bex

HSC
i dont know if any cottages are specifically for overseas students..but i got told that heaps of students in the self catered cottages are from o/s.
sorry thats what i meant! you will have to intro me to some interesting o/s students :D i dont know bout *official programs* but there is a program on the csu website.. its not that informative though!

http://www.csu.edu.au/orient/bathurst.doc
go there.....

Last edited:

bex

HSC
lazy! haha i take it youre the oficiall welcoming committee!?

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Hehe, well seeing im the only person on this forum from Bathurst (that posts much at least) i thought i better be polite :)

Have fun during O week, might even see you out

bex

HSC
speaking of going out.. whats bathurst like with i.d and such? are they strict or will they let it slide ;)

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
lol, i take it you havent yet reached that magical number that opens so many doors...? Most pubs in Bathurst are pretty lenient, only 2 ever have bouncers at the door checking id's (those being the Eddie and the Ox) most of them will ask you when you get a drink, but thats about it. Its pretty easy to drink in Bathurst when your underage :)

You'll learn which pubs are strict and which arnt pretty quick, if you have any trouble you can always fall back on me for some info :)

Just stay away from the Kings, unless your in the company of 3 dozen footy players :p

bex

HSC
thats correect.. that magical golden number is still 3 months out of reach! (may 19 is when it all officially happens!)i guess the eddie and the ox are out of bounds till then!

the kings? is that perhaps a seedy nigtclub? a guy i know was telling me bout a seedy nighclub lol..

is there a hotel/motel called the family hotel or something? some random was telling me its a good place to stay.. failing that, where is a good motel for my mum to stay at? shes staying the first night then going home...

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
3 months? Ouch

The nightclub your wise friend was referring to is the Metro, and yes it is seedy (but all drinks are $2.50 there so its pretty good place to get hammered cheaply :p ) The kings is just a real dodgy place where all sorts of bad shit goes on.

The family hotel is a pub, one of the main pubs (you'll spend alot of time there, plus there not too strict on id, though dont quote me on that, i dont know what they'll be like during O week) I dont know what it's like as a hotel though sorry. Theres a heap of places your mother could stay though, the closest to CSU would be the Abercrombie Motel (i think thats what its called anyway lol) which is just down the road (its also about 150 meters from my house :p )

Crazy

Hey Lazy,

mmm looks like its just you and me that will be at csu from this forum bex

ohhhh you still have 3 months, poor you

well i only just had my 18th last weekend, haha so im happy it came about before uni starts!

ive seen the program on the web site, but its pretty vague, not very imformative at all actually

guess we'll find out when we get there!

:)

bex

HSC
*note to self.. avoid kings.. may just be corrupted*

i think shes staying at a friends p;ace in orange.. i think..

anyway, the countdown is on.. im running round like a crazy dawg trying to work out what i need and what i dont need!!!

i just found out that another girl from my school is going there so that makes 3 of us loreto girls!

crazy do you know anyone there? btw whats your name? cause im not walking round campus going.. hi.. have you seen CRAZY?!
and also, have you got your login and passwod yet? i havent got mine.. should i be worried??

Crazy

hey hey hey

my names phoebe!!

you havent got it yet?!?! that sounds wierd

i mean ive had mine for weeks and weeks, but i got into csu in the early rounds, so thats diff from you

but if i was you, id ring up and ask if you can get it over the phone, if not ask when it will be sent

if you dont have it, then im sure there will be other ppl in your situation, dont stress though.

you dont need it yet anyway, although it has been a help to be able to logon and get the feel of the whole my.csu thing!

only 48 hours until ill actually be in bathurst!! its going realllly quickly! and yes i too am trying to sort everything out at once, its driving me crazy

and i know absolutely NO-ONE!!!!! haha so it will be very interesting, im easy to get along with, tend to make friends quickly....sooo im not to stressed

gots to go
later :)

bex

HSC
:wave: hey phoebe!
yeah.. csu and uac got all my mail stuffed up and its all everywhere!! i dont think not knowing anybody will be a big issue.. its a pretty small environment and a lot of us in the same position!! im applying for a scholarship but WHATS MY BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT!? im gonna have to think for a while bout that one!
cya round!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)