CSU Diploma of Policing Practice (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I'm looking at this too -- Becoming a cop and eventually a Detective/Criminal Invesigator. Which course is better though? CSU or UWS? UWS is closer to be (living in Sydney and all) but I love Bathurst and the people there always seem so nice. But in reguards to the course, which is better? esspecially if I'm not 100% sure this is what I want? (But am definatly interested in it!)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
isnt the diploma at goulburn? and justice(policing) at bathurst then goulburn?

burgo24

HSC
policing

hi, i'm currently in yr 12 and am interested in doing policing next year as well. But i'm not sure which one to do. is it the diploma of policing practice or the bachelor of justice studies. can i do either?
i'm not necessarily interested in the fitness part more the study behind it all. like how a criminal mind works, and the legal system etc.
also another thing, i really want to do BUT i always squirm at the sight of blood. do u think i'll be able to cope or will i get over it?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
ya get over it i reckon.. then again, i've never been squirmish at the sight of blood, so i dunno ;)

And yes, it's Justice Studies (Policing) at CSU Bathurst, the diploma at Goulburn. But if you the degree thru CSU, your third year, you are a probationary. Whereas UWS is just a 3-yr degree with some cross-insitutional study at Bathurst (as CSU is the offical Policing Uni)

But I reckon I'm just going to do Social Science (Criminology) so then I have the background and can apply for DPP later on, and can still take up some economics units.

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
just so you people know you can do the Diploma by distance and then do the physical assessment at goulburn.

bex

HSC
the way most of my friends do it is the first 2 years at bathurst doing justice studies and the combined policing bit then you automatically are in enrolled at goulburn to do the diploma in the 3rd year.. i would suggest actually going to the uni and doing the subjects for the real uni experience

Jonathan A

HSC
White Rabbit said:
I'm looking at this too -- Becoming a cop and eventually a Detective/Criminal Invesigator. Which course is better though? CSU or UWS? UWS is closer to be (living in Sydney and all) but I love Bathurst and the people there always seem so nice. But in reguards to the course, which is better? esspecially if I'm not 100% sure this is what I want? (But am definatly interested in it!)

Well CSU run the former police academy (now Police College) and it means UWS students have to do some units at CSU. However, UWS has very good investigation subjects, from Forensic Science to Fraud. At the moment I am doing Corporate Investigations with UWS's Australian Centre for Security Research which houses a lot of policing units. Its reputation has meant that many large private investigatory firms use UWS to further educate investigators, such as the Sydney Institute of Management.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)