CSU to UWS (1 Viewer)

Toasterbot

HSC
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with this, I tried to look on the web and stuff but couldn't find anything.
I was given a offer in the main round for a course at Charles Stuart University, for Bachelor of Arts (Animation and Visual Effects). Which was my 3rd preference.
However I would rather go to University of Western Sydney, as it is closer to my home, and has a course I would rather do, which is Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication).
I don't think I will get a offer in the second round, because of my ATAR. So I was wondering if I were to accept the course at CSU, how hard would it be for me to transfer into UWS the following year? Or could I transfer sooner than that?
Thankyou!

Foodie

HSC
N/A
Don't be disheartened just yet. I've known of many instances where UWS will extend offers to people who do not have a sufficient ATAR score, so long as it is not combined law. If B. Design doesn't have any other requirements (such as proof of a portfolio, interview or anything to that effect), then it should be fairly easy to transfer with something like a solid pass average GPA. If you get a solid credit average, you can pretty much think about transferring to CoFA (UNSW) as well. It's not hard to do if you're sensible with your studies -- the work will pay off, you just have to be willing to do it.

You can try transferring to UWS during mid-year admissions via UAC (same process as the main rounds), however, I believe they will assess you based on ATAR only. Only once you have accrued 1 year of full-time tertiary study, they will assess you via GPA.

In short, just aim to get a high distinction average and put in the hours accordingly, and you will do fine (aim for the stars and you'll reach the sky).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)