Cubby Level Five Wentworth (1 Viewer)

allstarr69

So who goes up here? (the pool area Im talking about) I usually go up when i have a few breaks.

Those budding pool sharks out there should go in the comp every friday as you can win 40 bucks (a buck to enter), and get your name down to win like 200 at the end of teh semester. Its pretty good, because even if your opponent is betta than you, you can still win coz those pockets are pretty huge!

allstarr69

my logic is since the pockets are bigger, the outcome of the game becomes more influenced on random events rather than the skills of the players. Thus the chance of a crap player winning is greater with these random events than if it was based entirely on skill ie a huge table.

By random event i mean player attempts to sink ball in pocket A but ball rebounds, hits 5 other balls and they all go into pocket B. ie FLUKE

(which is a good think for the not so shark like)... ie a crap player can smash a ball and 5 can go in hehehe trust me ive done it :p If you know James hell tell ya! haha

allstarr69

ok think of you versing tiger woods in golf where the size of the hole was 90 km's in diameter.

Dont you think you have more chance of beating him than if it was anormal sized hole?

Thats my point, mr nit. :p

SeDaTeD

HSC
Damn, now I have something to think about. Just to sleepy right now.

And yes I do spend some of my time in breaks at the cubby. Actually I'm usually always somewhere in Wentworth during my breaks.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i don't really go there, since i can't play pool :p but who knows, i might go there for some bos stalking :p

J

jhakka

~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
i don't really go there, since i can't play pool :p but who knows, i might go there for some bos stalking :p
I don't go there because I'm not a fan of the Wentworth building.

allstarr69

nit your not allowed to just delete posts lol :p now i look like im proving a point to a ghost! :p
Why arent you a fan of the wentworth building?

The only thing i think the cubby doesnt have and should is like a bar right next to it lol :p A few beers (and i mean a few not a dozen) and pool go well together :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
what happened with all the deleted posts? :p nit and emily doing some flirting? ;)

does the cubby have nething else besides pool tables?
oh and u know when u walk across the wentworth bridge from the main campus to the wentworth building, can u go upstairs to access it from there? as u can tell, i dont frequent wentworth much at all!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
The cubby has ping pong too, and there are some arcade games too.

Rorix

HSC
Allstarrr said:
So who goes up here? (the pool area Im talking about) I usually go up when i have a few breaks.

Those budding pool sharks out there should go in the comp every friday as you can win 40 bucks (a buck to enter), and get your name down to win like 200 at the end of teh semester. Its pretty good, because even if your opponent is betta than you, you can still win coz those pockets are pretty huge!
Its much easier for a good player to run 5 or 6 balls as well though as you can get a lot more control on cue ball position with the extra pocket size. Playing 9-ball with those pocket sizes is a bit cuts, but 8-ball is OK.

Those pool comps aren't very impressive in terms of skill level, at least the one time I went, only 3-5 good players. I'd go more often except its friday at like 4pm or w/e. Went to the semis and got on the reserve list for the end of semester comp from just the one event lol. Pretty funny though because the semi final was the worst match I'd played all day, not that the other guy was bad, we were both about equal skill level but were just both off.

allstarr69

grk_styl said:
what happened with all the deleted posts? :p nit and emily doing some flirting? ;)

does the cubby have nething else besides pool tables?
oh and u know when u walk across the wentworth bridge from the main campus to the wentworth building, can u go upstairs to access it from there? as u can tell, i dont frequent wentworth much at all!

well theres ping pong, some gay arcade games which i never play and a big room with lotsa comfy chairs... so you can bring all your friends up there and become lounge lizards

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
hahaha i forgot the mods can see what we delete :p
and yep, when you walk along the footbridge instead of going down a few steps to walk through the sliding doors where the campus newsagent/donut king/BB's is, just take the stairs on the left that go up, then you walk a little bit, then go up the stairs on the left again and ta da! there's the cubby /reading room
na, cant see what uve deleted :)
ok cool, i always wondered what was up those stairs after seeing people go up them.

AllStarrr said:
well theres ping pong, some gay arcade games which i never play and a big room with lotsa comfy chairs... so you can bring all your friends up there and become lounge lizards
well if there's a room with comfy chairs then all the cubby needs is a bar like someone else said! a bar, music, and pool tables are all u need!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
i think there's a piano in the international student's room.. u need to book it at cubby tho...

chess happens every mon at went lvl5 in room 5 ^^ and say hi to me if u guys are bothered?!

oh talk abt those rooms... for those thinkin of startin up a club, i think usu clubs get to hire the rooms for free...

allstarr69

grk_styl said:
na, cant see what uve deleted :)
ok cool, i always wondered what was up those stairs after seeing people go up them.

well if there's a room with comfy chairs then all the cubby needs is a bar like someone else said! a bar, music, and pool tables are all u need!
lol I suggested the bar! :p hehehe

Umm dont expect anything extravagant with the music... unless you wanna bring your own speaker system over! We can always clear a few pool tables and make a dance floor :p LOL

HSC
Allstarrr said:

im usually there on wednesdays playing pool.
i tried to read in the lounge area once...not a good idea. i couldnt get a single sentence into my head and understand it

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Allstarrr said:
Actually those lounges are really dirty.

Anyway, my friends have finally gotten me hooked on playing pool even though i get the white ball in more times than any other colour. It's pretty good up there. The people are nice, the games are cheap and it's pretty fun when you're with a few friends there.

allstarr69

SpoRTsGaL said:
Well, I didn't even know that level 5 existed! Well I did, but I thought it was more tables and chairs like level 4.

oh good the word is getin around :p :p

All chicks up to the cubby! Gogogogogogogogogogo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)