• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cul100 (1 Viewer)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
That was my thoughts exactly, in fact I think during Friday's Deconstruction lecture (strangely enough, I found space & place interesting) I wrote a note to a friend saying "this subject s nothing but academic masturbation" or something to that effect.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha well it is, i dont think there is anything in there which is truly practical. I mean, sure we'll be more analytical, but wtf, i dont want to read that much into things.

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I've just found it to be a bunch of obvious generalities with no real value. But then I've had a shocking week so everything that usually annoys me a little bit is making me really mad. Normally I just laugh at cultural studies. [/off topic rant]

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, nah its boring as shit.

If it wasnt a core ....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Anyone happen to have a picture of avril in full gear with headlines (something relating to her punk princess and "feministic" image)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Fortunately, my eyes have not been corrupted by such a toxic image. You're brave if you're going to analyse it for the essay, lol.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, well why not :p Double dipping via my music essay :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There is something seriously wrong with the fact i just typed 1,100 words on the topic of avril and the construction of meaning :p

HSC
N/A
NO FAIR!!!!

*cries*

Ok, well I woke up with a semi-decent grasp of my concept, so I'm just going to...go off... and write... add stuff to my... 200 words, y'know?

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I am not having fun with this essay. I have no idea what to write and i'm up to 500 words..I suck, lol.
I can't find anything else to write about once I cover the basic concepts. Is anyone using anything other than the lecture notes & textbook & whatever they're analysing?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ok.

As a general tip:

Spend one or two paragraphs on the concepts. What they are looking for is the practical analysis of something using these concepts.

So find yourself something which illustrates the concept in reality.

(gods and monsters was for the first one, 2nd and 3rd q's find their own texts).

Hope that helps you :) (from tutor)

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Thanks heaps, that actually helps a lot.
Has anyone tried out the Turnitin system yet?

HSC
N/A
When someone does try the turnitin system... can the time how long it takes them to recieve the reciept? I want to know how much time I have tommorrow to submit it and then staple the receipt to my paper for handing in...

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
I'm submitting mine now...finally...
They give you your ID number straight after submitting, then you just write that on your cover sheet so you won't need to wait around for it or anything.
If this sounds wrong to anyone please correct me!
Anyway good luck guys!!...now I can kick back and watch Lost tomorrow without feeling guilty of bludging...(untill i have to start on my ling120 assignment, lol.)

HSC
N/A
I thought they went around in the last lecture and said something about how it's supposed to be instantaneous, but just kinda isn't?

Oh well. 850 quality words down... and I've been working on this thing for days now... (why does it take so much thinking? :'( )

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*pats*

1,200 words or thereabouts without the quoting and referencing, (going to uni early tomorrow)

I think im done.

HSC
N/A
Hmm one more question...

In the course outline it says something about a "unique password for the turnitin system that will be emailed to all students prior to the assessment due date".

I haven't got it yet? or is this the fun and games thing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)