cultural and phsyical environment (1 Viewer)

~amy~

does anyone know the answer:

Describe the way in which Australia’s physical and cultural environment has interrelated with the development of Christianity in Australia

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
~amy~ said:
does anyone know the answer:

Describe the way in which Australia’s physical and cultural environment has interrelated with the development of Christianity in Australia
lol...have you done any work this year??

lol

as for your question
again, many reasons. Spread of Christianity into outlying areas, bush brotherhoods, flynn of the outback, missions etc etc etc

BTW: culture can also refer to artistic stuff and christianity as well (depiction, treatment etc)

lol..any other major syllabus points you want to get info on?

LOL...j/jk

Last edited:

~amy~

haha

I have done work this yr :p

I just wanted to make sure what my teacher has been teaching is right, plus i thought my questions were a bit iffy. My teacher is a bit vague and it seems she likes to make alot of stuff up - i just want to make sure I write the correct thing in the exams tmrw.

Thanks for your help despite your comment

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
~amy~ said:
haha

I have done work this yr :p

I just wanted to make sure what my teacher has been teaching is right, plus i thought my questions were a bit iffy. My teacher is a bit vague and it seems she likes to make alot of stuff up - i just want to make sure I write the correct thing in the exams tmrw.

Thanks for your help despite your comment
i was only joking you know.......

~amy~

This is what I learnt to talk about from my teacher, can u check if it is right, or way off
Christian denominations within Australia developed different characteristic in different areas because they rarely connected with each other because of the great distance involved. Each denomination worked in specific areas e.g. evangelicals concentrated in Sydney while Anglicans concentrated in rural areas. This accounts for the strong Anglican community in rural Australia. Christianity has influenced the physical environment – most town have its church in prominent positions and some denominations are returning large areas of church-owned land to the traditional owners. This will have an impact on how the physical environment develops in the future. Until WWII the dominant cultural influences came from the United Kingdom. Now the United States has shown greater influence. As Australians have become aware of the importance of Aboriginal culture in Australian life, so Christianity has gained more respect for Aboriginal spirituality. Christianity has in turn, influenced our legal, health and political systems, and in towns and cities throughout Australia churches play an important role in the local culture.

~amy~

could i also mention that Australia’s cultural sense of tolerance and a ‘fair go’ for all left little place for sectarianism in the second half of the century and therefore led to ecumenism within the Christian church??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)