Cumberland - Health Sciences (1 Viewer)

mizosoup

HSC
sambo_rambo said:
Hey all,
I'm enrolled for speech pathology this year at cumberland. I was just wondering if cumberland students are allowed to attend some fo the more fun orientation stuff at the main campus.
Thanks,
Sam
I'm enrolled in exercise sport science/nutrtion this year at cumbo but i'll also be venturing over camperdown to a few times a week so i'll be going to main campus' o-week

My only problem is that I don't get an ACCESS card and main campus doesn't accept the CSG card (not that we get it until Cumbo's orientation anyway). Does this mean I won't be able to properly participate in main campus' o-week, what with all the things that require you to show your ACCESS card?

fearless86

HSC
mizosoup said:
Does this mean I won't be able to properly participate in main campus' o-week, what with all the things that require you to show your ACCESS card?
its likely...or maybe they'll make an exception for you cos youre a sweet little volunteer.
but yeah- generally the stuff that orange card entitles you to (free gigs at manning, discounts) does not apply to cumbo people and their inferior BLUE union card

franklin265

HSC
that blue union card is the rewards card, yeh?

we get free stuff with that card also don't we? on our campus and other places yeh?

fearless86

HSC
franklin265 said:
that blue union card is the rewards card, yeh?

we get free stuff with that card also don't we? on our campus and other places yeh?
yeah. and its a good card. ive never used it off campus- but its a sweet deal. you swipe it every time you buy something on campus (ie textbooks, food) and then you get a discount.
you also earn 'points' every time you swipe it and eventually those points accumulate so you can buy other stuff for free.
like, if you buy $100 worth of textbooks, points get saved on your card and it works out that you can then use your card to purchase $10 worth of food.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
1st year

was curious about good places for resources
I just handed in first Informatics essay and had some trouble finding course specific stuff

nik_noodle

HSC
Lwaxana said:
1st year

was curious about good places for resources
I just handed in first Informatics essay and had some trouble finding course specific stuff
Nelson Data to Wisdom continuum??

We all had a lot of trouble finding anything worthwhile for Informatics A or B (doing C next semester). Its a subject where you really do have to make a lot up, and repeat yourself lots.

But its pretty easy and Basema's a pretty generous marker. Most people managed at least D's.

Were you at the luncheon the other week?? If so, I would have met you there.

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
WOw. no-ones written on the cumbo pages for ages.
we're all such busy little people.
hope everyones looking forward to the end of semester:D:D:D

kaitie

the evenstar
HSC
fabulous. getting really great marks!! and coping pretty well with the stresses of parking, walking miles to campus, long boring lectures and pracs.
:)
can't wait til holidays tho
im kaputt!

sharks05

HSC
yeah I'm spent also and now we have that crazy, hectic cramming period. I had my first clinical bracket of work this semester that finishes in week 13... Not sure if physio is totally what I want to do for the rest of my life but definitely going to finish and maybe look to do something post grad. Definitely eye opening semester though....

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
its funny how clinical has a way of turning ur views on what you want to do.
I'm in the process of starting to think about studying ...1 more assessment due on friday and then 5 exams :d then i have complete holidays for the first time since i started

Gemstar

HSC
i'm intrested in doing B in occupational therapy at usyd....is it hard work?

and for B in excercise sport/ science do you have had to do pdhhpe in high skool>?

just wondering...

lovesthebeer

HSC
Gemstar said:
i'm intrested in doing B in occupational therapy at usyd....is it hard work?

and for B in excercise sport/ science do you have had to do pdhhpe in high skool>?

just wondering...
Hey Gemstar

Sorry can't really help you with your OT question but I am doing exercise and sport science at cumbo.

For this course you don't have to take any subjects to get in but it helps if you do a bit of maths and chemistry during HSC, bio and physics help out too. Sadly i did none of these and i only did P.E, top subject!!!

Yeh it kinda helps out with basic fitness terms and principles and a a little bit about health care (medicare n stuff). I wouldnt say its essential but it gives you a bit of a head start on some of the concepts

hope that helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)