Cure for a broken heart (1 Viewer)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
azzie said:
i dont think you should be the psycho ex.
that gives guys cause to go to their mates and rant about what a bitch that ex of theirs was. plus it achieves little and doesnt reflect well on your character if thats the only way you can think of getting back at him.
but but...whatelse will we talk about??

in all honesty there are worse things that could happen to you other than some dumbfuck ex (that applies to both sexes) setting fire to just some stuff

if you want revenge, destroy their next relationship

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
yeah there are worse things that could happen and yes guys dont talk about their ex's 24/7. i mean that if she didnt want to look like a dickhead, she should take it on the chin and move on rather than holding a grudge.

*Buttercup*

HSC
braad said:
if you want revenge, destroy their next relationship
if you try to get revenge thats not guna help you get over it and deal with ur broken heart, u'll be prolonging the pain coz ull be causing more probs between you.

i thought dreamerish's advice was good! especially the bit bout friends. talk to ur friends about how u feel, and also talk to them about other stuff, dont just talk about ur ex, let ur friends cheer u up by just hanging out n havin fun...

*HUGS*

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
my boy of 2 years broke up with me bout a month ago...so i know exactly how ur feeling.... my advice...go out, keep yourself busy, pack everything that reminds u of him in a box and put it in the back corner of a cupboard somewhere, try not to talk about him like u r still together, call him your ex when talking to others (it helps get over him), try to avoid contact with him, as much as it hurts not hearing from him and yeah...thats all i can think of at the moment....hope u r ok..:)

D_A

captain obvious.
HSC
Do something that'll take your mind off things and will require concentration, but make sure its something you enjoy.

Like many have suggested-

Go out with friends.

Go and play some sport with friends.

Play a multiplayer video/comp game where you interact with other people =D

Indulge yourself!

Just know that its not the end of the world, you're not the only one going through this...and just keep living =)

Lennie

Broke up with the BF of almost 4 years two weeks ago, so I'm kind of in the same boat.
What helped me was this;

- Have ONE DAY of crying like a crazy person, pigging out and feeling sorry for yourself (Best if youre alone).

- Dont tell everyone about it first oppotunity you have! I don't know about you, but I can't handle sympathy if the wounds are still fresh, without giving into it. Allow yourself some time before you make the announcement to your friends. This is also helpful because you can have a day out, without being reminded of your heartbreak. Whatever happened, has made a big impact on your world, and having your friends change to suit the situation may be a little too much. You need all the stability you can get at this stage. Tell your friends / family, when you can handle it. You will be thinking a little more clearly and their advice will be more valuable that way.

-Retail therapy!! This is a must. Buy something a little out of your usual style, something you have admired for a while, but have never been brave enough to buy. This is all about breaking the restrictions placed on you from your previous situation. Buy something to CELEBRATE the change of self.

-Don't pig out after the first day. Rather, go for a run and eat healthily for a few days. You will feel less stressed, fresher and more driven.

Its best to avoid confronting the situation until you can see clearly enough to take it all in. Be the bigger person, and recognise that yes, you feel like crap now, thats expected... But it is only part of a process which will see you emerge as a stronger person.

This all may sound a little tacky, but it has worked for me.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
*Buttercup* said:
if you try to get revenge thats not guna help you get over it and deal with ur broken heart, u'll be prolonging the pain coz ull be causing more probs between you.

i thought dreamerish's advice was good! especially the bit bout friends. talk to ur friends about how u feel, and also talk to them about other stuff, dont just talk about ur ex, let ur friends cheer u up by just hanging out n havin fun...

*HUGS*
no, i enjoy screwing with peoples lives

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
I'm sure its been done before but i'm nursing a broken heart at the moment - which invovles listening to a cd i brought today called 'love hurts' (very appropriate) trying not to cry........

So i was wondering how everyone else deals with a broken heart?
it depends on why you have a broken heart. if you just had a crush on some guy who started dating some other guy, its not exactly a heart breaking situtation, you should find some other hottie to drool over.
but if this was your boyfriend of a year, time heals everything. but the best thing, is do stuff to take your mind off it. dont mope around listening to soppy love songs, do what everyone else says, party, chill with friends, find some random hottie to hook up with do whatever.
but seriously, if yous had only been together for like 3 months, then obviously it was a 'going no where' relationship. but you will find some else, like they say 'there are plenty more fish in the sea' - most of them better looking then our ex's aswell

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
how can you just entertain yourself with looking at some hottie when you've broken up with someone that you more than likely love somewhat?

are half of you shallow? seriously, relationships are placed in higher regard in my circle of friends than what seems to be here. Basically, i dont see what the point is in people telling others to find someone else to perve on when they know that more than likely it wont work

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
1. Get really, really drunk.

OR

2. Go upstairs and play really loud, really shit guitar for 3 hours straight.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
braad said:
how can you just entertain yourself with looking at some hottie when you've broken up with someone that you more than likely love somewhat?

are half of you shallow? seriously, relationships are placed in higher regard in my circle of friends than what seems to be here. Basically, i dont see what the point is in people telling others to find someone else to perve on when they know that more than likely it wont work
for starters, she never said this guy was her boyfriend, or if she loved him.
and since you are a guy, you wouldnt realise the therapy in going out for the night with your girlfriends and spending the night perving.
honestly, didnt she even sound that heart broken to you?

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
dont listen to sad songs
set fire to his bedroom - preferably when he is inside his bedroom
set fire to all his belongings
if he has a car, key it, spray paint it, leave obscene messages on it
if he was a dickhead abvout the whole thing, this sounds reasonable... or just steal the car and brick up the accelerator off a cliff :p

but if he wasnt a dickhead, then dont avoid him if you dont want to, and dont just listen to music... this is from experience. If you avoid them, then once you see them again it will hurt more thgan anything else can... but if you get that all obver with early then its all cool later... me and my ex were going out together with friends after about two weeks. having a mutual breakup may have helped with this, but im sure its possible otherwise.

Also, music on its own is your worst enemy at this moment. You just listen and then their image will pop into your head and it wont drop till well after the music does... its really not good. Go running/biking/whatever you do and play the music.. that way when you start to get their image you just concentrate on whatever it is your doing and go at it harder - also gets rid of alot of frustration and will make you sleep more (thats been covered).

Good luck!!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
for starters, she never said this guy was her boyfriend, or if she loved him.
and since you are a guy, you wouldnt realise the therapy in going out for the night with your girlfriends and spending the night perving.
honestly, didnt she even sound that heart broken to you?
well, considering my point was in general (i.e. not specifically aimed at this ONE thread) i think you've mistaken my comment :rolleyes:

and well, considering im a guy, i dont know the 'therapy' in going out for a night with friends etc etc?

thats a bit stupid, as some guys rather go out to get their minds off the situation. Lets not make this into a 'who can be the biggest victim' thing, as in, guysdont know this and that, blaa blaa

ANYWAY, i didnt read her post...i was just annoyed at some other peoples posts..i dont care what she had to say

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
MissSavage29 said:
I'm sure its been done before but i'm nursing a broken heart at the moment - which invovles listening to a cd i brought today called 'love hurts' (very appropriate) trying not to cry........

be proactive.... live the single life

boz-foogle

Banned
MissSavage29 said:

DAY AFTER DAY YOUR WHOLE LIFE'S A WRECK

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Listen to Metallica really loud.

Or any Jeff Buckley song, if your a bit emo-er.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)