curious potential colleague (1 Viewer)

notwithstanding

daBoys4lyf
HSC
ok so i hear that the gong it supta be a gud uni with it winning awards for the best uni in 2000-01, and my cuzin transfered from UNSW to there and said that UOW shits all over it... but just a few questions, are there many jobs available there that allow you to gain further experience in the course you are doing....for example, im goin to study b Com with the double major in marketing and accountancy, are there many jobs available in the local area that will enable me to put the theory of the uni course into practise? especially in the area of marketing.

oh and are the teacher there actually good or is it more of a rely-on-youself-to-learn-what's-necassary form of teaching..?

but most importantly ... are there many clubs/pubs/anywhere just to chill out with mates around there...i've never been to wollong (if you cant tell). is it deserted or does it actually have have its own little CBD thing there...?

i think thats its

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
You'll be offered a gazillion cadetships for accounting so a job is never a question, and even if you don't get that, theres plenty of part time jobs available.

And its university, you don't have teachers, you do the work yourself, you ask your problems and questions to tutors and you get your notes from lecturers, no one pushes you so its up to you to do the work.

As for pubs and clubs, Northies, Rusties, Glasshouse, Bourbon St, amongst a heap of others, its a university town so social activites are cated for :D

notwithstanding

daBoys4lyf
HSC
thanks champ!

just one more thing...how does UOW rank as compared to the sandstone uni's in SYD and other uni's like ACU, AMC, ANU, CSU, LTU, SCU, UNE, etc. i mean how is it regarded by perspective employers and in general?

notwithstanding

daBoys4lyf
HSC
ok i understand its the holidays but fark!!!! dont all come at once! i thought this site was made as a way for students to help eachother! pfft you guys are a lot of help...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
notwithstanding said:
thanks champ!

just one more thing...how does UOW rank as compared to the sandstone uni's in SYD and other uni's like ACU, AMC, ANU, CSU, LTU, SCU, UNE, etc. i mean how is it regarded by perspective employers and in general?
The uni is highly regarded, it doesn't have that prestige of the sydney uni's but its seen as a great source of well qualified graduates.... You aren't seen as a presitgous graduate, you're seen as a graduate which is well rounded with theory and practical experience.

Employers like UOW grads, and its seen in the really high grademployment levels.

Ninga

HSC
notwithstanding said:
ok i understand its the holidays but fark!!!! dont all come at once! i thought this site was made as a way for students to help eachother! pfft you guys are a lot of help...
Fuck aren't you a bit self centred. Go out and enjoy yourself or something kiddo. Or go look shit up yourself you lazy fuck.

notwithstanding

daBoys4lyf
HSC
Ninga said:
Fuck aren't you a bit self centred. Go out and enjoy yourself or something kiddo. Or go look shit up yourself you lazy fuck.

EXCUSE ME?! What makes you think I don’t “enjoy myself”..? if anythin I should be the one telling you to go out and enjoy yourself! You’ve finished high school, what the hell are you doing still wasting your time on a website specifically designed to help HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! And yer so what I may be a “lazy fuck” but most ppl that use this website (including yourself) are aswell! So before you go out and make stupid comments, why don’t you stop being a hypocrite and take your own advice! “go out and enjoy yourself or something kiddo”!! fk you u "lazy fuck"! carry on..!

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
mate, don't go to UoW. Wankers tend not to fit in there...

Oh, and if you're going to insult people, try not to contradict yourself, it makes you look like a moron. Well, more so than you would normally...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
notwithstanding said:
EXCUSE ME?! What makes you think I don’t “enjoy myself”..? if anythin I should be the one telling you to go out and enjoy yourself! You’ve finished high school, what the hell are you doing still wasting your time on a website specifically designed to help HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! And yer so what I may be a “lazy fuck” but most ppl that use this website (including yourself) are aswell! So before you go out and make stupid comments, why don’t you stop being a hypocrite and take your own advice! “go out and enjoy yourself or something kiddo”!! fk you u "lazy fuck"! carry on..!

Umm seriously, I helped you and I'm still on this website and i'm a 3rd year uni student, it's not all about you HSC'rs remember. So please don't go to UOW if you're going to be a wanker like how you're acting.... UOW isn't the most wanker tolerant uni around, just thought you should know that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)