Curious..what were your major works about? (1 Viewer)

T-Star!

Hey, I'm curious as to what peoples major works were about...was there a particular topic that you focused on? I'm curious to know if their were any dominant topics.
I did six paintings on the topic of how we define ourselves...e.g by emotions, by our looks, by our relationships, our place in society etc. My art class was really small - about 5 people.!One girl did her pieces on the boat people, another a Klimt like piece, one on the australian beach culture and one did a series of paintings on the rose.
Hey, when did you guys all start your pieces? My art teacher was pressuring us in term one!!! I started painting at the end of term two, and finished most of it by the first 3 weeks of term 3. It was good cause I wasn't up painting all night the night before!
Someone posted a response on this site about starting one on the thursday before the due date...I have to hand it to you...that was brave! It was probably fun though. My art teacher would have had a fit!!!!! And murdered us!:eek: :)

roo

HSC
sounds good. :) do you have any pics?

mine was mainly focusing on teen-life and the two extreme choices they have to make + how the city life reflects teen life.

our teachers pressured us in term 4 of 11/12. thats when our first assessment was due, a VAPD assessment to see how we were going with our concept. back then i was a mess! i couldnt get a concept to stick and i wasn't sure if i wanted to do 3D or 2D computer graphics. my other concepts were:
- how technology is taking over our lives (3D computer graphics)
- the issue of models on magazines being airbrushed and stuff i.e technology taking over human form + issue of feminism (presented by satircal magazine covers)

i had others 2, but i focused on these before the summer break and didnt have a solid concept so i only got something like 34/50 for my first VAPD assessment.. grr that basically brought me down for the rest of the year. :(

sirloki

HSC
i guess heaps of ppl will deal with self and ourselves and me and I and all that thing well that seems to be the common denominator around the place

call me a sico or whatever but i built my body of work around pedophilia institutionalised abuse and individuals reactions to abuse

in my class it was 3 ppl did it on self one on war or religion or something one on blade runner type new technological worlds and another did a body of work called scrambled eggs which was based upon reproduction cycles creation and fall and new life it was pretty cool

ps i absolutely fucked my ancient history exam, i was tuned to go off and blitz it but i didnt read the questions and i did the wrong option masochism seems likely bummer:chainsaw:

callie4eva

My major work broadly defined the whole of society into two sections the rebel people that are different and do what they want and the conformists in the other. Its actually three panels and the middle is a water feature to represent the division between them and the other two are relief sculptures.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i did the seven deadly sins. yeh our teacher also made us have like a concept by the end of term four year 11, but everyone changed theirs during the summer hols of course.

i didn't actually start doing mine (my medium was photorgraphy) till about half way through term 2 though, cos i was really lazy.

it started off being kinda clever, like a whole modern re-contextualisation of the seven deadly sins, like in modern times n stuff ... but i got a bit lazy towards the end and i just wanted to get everything finished, so the concept was kinda lost a bit ... oh well, i sitll had some fun doing the photo's! like i had seven different models so that was excitin

hmm anyone got any news on artexpress yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)