• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

curious =] (1 Viewer)

versacegal

pink_razr
HSC
hey all ,
just got a question if anyone can help it would be muchly appreciated!

So here goes... last semester i was at unsw studying a b/arts.b/ed i got 2 passes and 2 credits. This semester im bac at unsw but would like 2 transfer into the b.ed primary at uts (hopefully mid semester), anyone know what marks im looking at achieving this semester in order to transfer? p.s my uai was a craptactular 70.5 and uts cutoff is 75 (dfee ). once again spanks to anyone who answers =]

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you started uni in the 2nd semester last year right?
however, mid year transfers will close before your official release of this year's first semester results, so if you wish to transfer, they will only count last semester, which is equivalent to 0.5 FTE
read 1st post of this thread http://community.boredofstudies.org/330/transfers/45647/topic-university-transfers.html
to calculate your nrsl index
basically if those 4 subjects are of equal credit points, that leaves your gpa to be 4.5= 85
therefore your nrsl index is 85+70.5/2= 77.75 which is quite comfortably above the dfee cut off

versacegal

pink_razr
HSC
thanks for that , i also applied this year at uts but wasnt accepted is that because i had only completed one semester (although the student centre at uts said that the course i wanted to apply for would accept one semester study) ??? thanks for calculatung my nrsl btw . Are you goin to miss unsw lol ?????????

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
im already missing it :( lol
when did you apply? late last year or mid semester? because if it was late last year (applications opened in august) then i couldnt think of a reason as to why they didnt count your semester's results if you were waiting for the main round offer on jan 17th like the rest of us
my best bet would try again during mid semester
good luck with it all

versacegal

pink_razr
HSC
yes i can totally understand y u would miss climbing those 100000 steps, or running from bottom campus to the top in 5 minutes lol i kid i kid. I applied for main round offer so im baffled as to why i didnt get a place especially considering there are vacancies, oh well ill try again mid semester. Thanks for ur help , good luck this year.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha yeah thats the only thing i dont miss....stairs from the quad to CLB and the uni walkway :|
but love everything else about unsw...library lan for example :D
good luck to you too...hope you make it to uts soon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)